REVOLVER and GUITARWORLD magazines...

Originally Posted by Yngvai X
You know I finally got this issue and the quote being posted around online is taken a little out of context. Alexi is refering to the fact that Dream Theater pretty much stand like statues while they play live (except for their drummer, of all members). And yeah, I agree with him that it is kinda lame to have zero stage charisma/presence. But then again, Dream Theater is one of the most popular bands as far as good musicians go these days...I think he could have said the same thing only directed at Tool

And a non boring Progmetal band = Symphony X :headbang:.

:worship:

i actually think that is the whole thing on the site. you remember the whole article on them late last year? i read what it had on the site, then bought the mag and there was nothing new. so im pretty sure thats it.

I always expected Dream Theater to sit down whilst playing on stage... Dunno why tho......

and btw gav,

England > Scotland

Mmmmmkay. And what would those two more be? Preferred spitting technique? :lol: Fave brand of eyeliner....oh wait that's Maybelline, isn't it Gav? ;)

fuck! I can´t find guitar world somewhere in vienna.

and to dream theatre I know you all will kill me for that statement, but this is the best example for gay-metal!

-Gavin- said:
Actually, first band to be labelled Heavy metal was Hendrix.. Described by a journalist as sounding like "heavy metal falling from the sky"... so by that logic.. hendrix was.. but the first regognised metal band was Priest.

I think that article was written for Led Zeppelin?,

However, Hendrix was the first guy to have discovered distortion. He was opening tiny holes on the cone of the amp so that the vibrations would distort the sound. Metal however was born in the UK

Dream Theater indeed look boring to me live...but they're ancient....
Once when I was really lame me and a bud made up this complex theory of dream theater being ancien mummy-like persons only playing music, doing nothing

~ Synopsis:

They have a pole attached to their back, which is nailed to the floor with heavy bolts so they won't topple over.
And when the show's over, some gaffer has to wheel them out with a mini-forklift. They come provided with their own stage.

One thing... to the dude who said hendrix discovered distortion. Distortion was actually first used by The Kinks, when one of them kicked in their speaker while playing and thought it sounded cool.