rewiring revalver into protools - help please

Dec 11, 2007
i could really use some help guys,
im currently recording a local band to test out the limitations of my 003+
i recently bought revalver mkIII and i would like to record the raw guitars into tools, hear the distorted outcome from revalver and then be able to use revalver in playback.
please tell me this is all possible and im being a dick.

lolz @ Audiogeek

if you have revalver as an RTAS then just pop it on your audio track for the DI and load your amp settings you wanna use. The latency monitoring will let you hear the distorted guitars while recording, and it will let you playback w/ the same settings

pretty straightforward, but considering you didn't know this you might wanna study pro tools a bit more before you start recording a band. I'm not saying this to be a dick or anything (lol) but I know when I first recorded a band w/ pt I ran into tons of little problems with stuff like punching in and elastic audio

Pro Tools doesn't support VST. There's a free update that you can download from Peavey's website for RTAS support. Once you install the update, you can put it in on a track insert.

have the vst version of it. Will that still work?
And thanks for not being a dick like someone else was.

I don't know if you posted that again by mistake, but read my previous post. VST will not work in Pro Tools, you need to download the update for RTAS support.

I don't know if you posted that again by mistake, but read my previous post. VST will not work in Pro Tools, you need to download the update for RTAS support.

yeh never again shall i forum on my blackberry whilst driving
thanks again, working perfect now