Rob Van Der Loo's new Solo album?

Etter said:
You already make me like it because Sean Malone is playing on it :)
Did he only do a solo? can you say somethings about the guests what they have done on the cd?

Hello Etter, (leuke naam!)

All the information can be read on the new website wich will be online as soon as the album is released. But yes, Sean Malone only did a (fretless) bass solo on the song Downtown. Since this song is a bit more fusion orientated I thought he'd be the perfect player for it. In this case I guessed right! :)

Cheers,

Rob

Freak Neil said:
Hello Etter, (leuke naam!)

All the information can be read on the new website wich will be online as soon as the album is released. But yes, Sean Malone only did a (fretless) bass solo on the song Downtown. Since this song is a bit more fusion orientated I thought he'd be the perfect player for it. In this case I guessed right! :)

Cheers,

Rob

thx! can you give us a preview or something from the album? a mp3 from one song would be nice! :D

Hey Rob,

I was thinking… You mentioned that on October 21st your album will be released. Does this only count for The Netherlands, or will this album be released in other countries too (the US for example)? If so, are the release dates the same or different?

Aside from that, I heard there’s something wrong with your arm. I hope it isn’t very serious and get healed soon!

Best wishes to you all,
~Nic

Howdy!

The release will be international so it should be available in many countries.

Yeah, I have some troubles with my left wrist so my instruments have to stay in their cases this week. Anyway, it's getting better so I think I'll be able to play again next week.

Cheers,

Rob

Medusa's eyes said:
Hey Rob,

I was thinking… You mentioned that on October 21st your album will be released. Does this only count for The Netherlands, or will this album be released in other countries too (the US for example)? If so, are the release dates the same or different?

Aside from that, I heard there’s something wrong with your arm. I hope it isn’t very serious and get healed soon!

Best wishes to you all,
~Nic

Freak Neil said:
I propably carried too heavy equipment after the gig...
Anyway, it's getting much better but I'm not going to play before it's completely healed.
For more info about the album check out:
http://www.lionmusic.com/freakneilinc.htm

Cheers!

Rob
It's a good thing you don't play before it's healed, before you force anything. I've made that mistake a few times, errr.. yeah, in some way..

But anyway,
I really am looking forward to your album. I like the artwork, too! Exciting :D hehe.

Best wishes,
~Nic

Hey Rob,

I know this hasn't anything to do with your upcoming album and all, but it's the only way to show you my new drawing (except for e-mailing I guess?).

Sander was kind enough to send all the fullsized pictures which he has taken of SC. I picked out a few, of each bandmember, take make a drawing of. I know I've drawn everyone before, but wanted to try out something new and something better.

I hope you like my (your) new drawing, though it's not finished yet.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24071328/

Have fun. Best wishes to you!

Medusa's eyes said:
Hey Rob,

I know this hasn't anything to do with your upcoming album and all, but it's the only way to show you my new drawing (except for e-mailing I guess?).

Sander was kind enough to send all the fullsized pictures which he has taken of SC. I picked out a few, of each bandmember, take make a drawing of. I know I've drawn everyone before, but wanted to try out something new and something better.

I hope you like my (your) new drawing, though it's not finished yet.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24071328/

Have fun. Best wishes to you!

Wow! That looks very cool!

Thanks! ;)

Rob

Ow my god....where did you learn to draw like that??:OMG:
It's really beautiful in detail and stuff! You are gonna make me try to do the same for a week! (after that I'll probally realize it's all wasted time, but anyway!;) )

Freak Neil said:
Wow! That looks very cool!

Thanks! ;)

Rob
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I posted the finished version too, so if you would like to see that one as well, it can be found here:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/24146183/ .
(Not that a lot has changed. Shaded everything a little bit up, removed mistakes, signed it, different description, tried to get a better scan...)

Heh Sebassefras, I was just kidding haha you silly :lol:. I'll try to form my own band when I'll move next year... Should be fun.

Haha, kinda late, but I FINALLY bought Six Arms, and I must say...I LOVE IT!:yow: I have it standard in my discman now, and I haven't heard another record yet since I bought it on MILE (from Ron Baggerman, good guy!;) ).

I also Finally heard the samples on your new site, and I do love them too!:headbang:
Nice site also BTW! And cool pics of you and your Conklin 9-string!:Spin:

(BTW, my father just entered the house with a second hand 12-string!:tickled: :D :p )

I'll see how soon I have Enough money for Characters, but I'm sure I'll buy it!

Keep up the GREAT work!;)

:yow: :worship: it's amazing :D so many styles and influences, so many great musicians :) great job!!

I made a list per track (since I hate having to search for every musician on each track :p)

1 characters (intro)

2 talking chair
vocals: andré vuurboom, irene jansen

3 i'm the hero
vocals: andré vuurboom
guitar solo: chris godin

4 i understand
vocals: arjen lucassen
chapman stick solo: ron baggerman

5 downtown
guitar solos: chris godin
bass solo: sean malone
keyboard solos: joost van den broek

6 beyond the garden
vocals: irene jansen

7 bulldozer blues
vocals: nick hameury
guitar solo: james murphy

8 cafe supreme
guitars: chris godin
bass solo: steve digiorgio

9 jaba

10 absence
guitar solo: marcel coenen

roel van helden: accoustic drums
and of course rob on quite a few instruments ;)

I hope it's complete :p

SanderThomas said:
:yow: :worship: it's amazing :D so many styles and influences, so many great musicians :) great job!!

I made a list per track (since I hate having to search for every musician on each track :p)

1 characters (intro)

2 talking chair

3 i'm the hero
vocals: andré vuurboom
guitar solo: chris godin

4 i understand
vocals: arjen lucassen
chapman stick solo: ron baggerman

5 downtown
guitar solos: chris godin
bass solo: sean malone

6 beyond the garden
vocals: irene jansen

7 bulldozer blues
guitar solo: james murphy

8 cafe supreme
guitars: chris godin

9 jaba

10 absence
guitar solo: marcel coenen

roel van helden: accoustic drums
and of course rob on quite a few instruments ;)

I hope it's complete :p

Hey Sander,

I'm very glad you like it!
Except the fact that Sean Malone and Steve DiGiorgio did the fretless solos
it's all complete! ;)

Cheers,

Rob