Rock clubs in Brisbane

Um, yes there are a few. There's even a metal club on Friday nights at Rosies and the Stepp Inn in the Valley. They have glam nights (I think) first Fri every month and are open Wednesdays doing metal stuff. Then there's a few other places like 299, no idea where that actually is at the moment because it changes. I understand it's not so great though, but that probably depends on what you're after. Other rock places, perhaps check street press when you're here because I'm old and don't go out anymore :)

Yay Kem, thanks! Old? OLD?! Are you kidding me??? I'm 34! I'm not out that often because of work and cash, but I do like a good club night every now and then. :) Thought as we were on a budget this time we might have a night out head banging the night away to some good tunes, although at the moment Mark is not very keen on the idea. :lol:

No worries :)

I'm sure Tonci will be up for some Glam Night action, he's a fixture at them.

No I'm not old old, but you know. I don't go out much is all.

Excellent news. :D Got the ok from my boss to book my flights today - we've got a weird system for booking holidays, you have to wait to be handed a form in November, everyone gives the dates they want (for the whole year!) and then you wait for a month until they tell you you can't have it because someone else needs it due to school holidays etc. I can't be doing with all that shit this time, the cost of the flights goes up every bloody week!

Hey im gonna be new to brisbane and australia for that matter (im british) any decent metal clubs in the area anyone can reccomend?

Monstrothic at Rosies on Edward Street runs every Friday night.

There is also metal gigs on at The Step Inn.

There are a couple of other things like mentioned earlier in the thread like 299 and the sceney type things like Blink and Trash and whatever all those ones are.

If you're looking for METAL though, Monstrothic is probably the best bet. Every Friday at Rosies.

I'm going to bump this because we're over from November 19th and I WILL get a night out this time!! The excuse that it is too hard to get to/from anywhere late at night in a modern, 21st Century city will not be accepted.

Who's up for a night out? And do any of these places still exist? :)

I was just reading your comments and decided to sign up with ultimatemetal so i could join the convo haha. ive been to rosies twice. both times it was awesome :headbang:. and a band called tria mera (http://www.myspace.com/triamera) are going to be opening for lord and theyr pretty decent for locals. IM OOLLD GREEEEEG