Roll call for Doro this Saturday @ The Pearl Room

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
I don't think I've seen Doro talked about here since she last came to town so I wonder who'd go. Anyone besides me?

Who else is playing?

I was never into Doro too much.
I liked a couple of Warlock's singles back in the day.

Is her solo stuff musicially in line with trad metal, ala Warlock?

I'll be there fo show. This is a Saturday show, it's the Friday shows that I have a problem getting to.

Hope you don't have a problem getting to the Pearl Room on Friday April 11th!

YAY!!!!
You are going!
And you too Rachel!

I asked the Limey and a Manowar fanatic if they were going and I think I got a big foamy thumbs down.
Glad to know I won't be standing in the corner by myself.

^^ OK, with Fatal Smile on the bill, this is turning into a rehash of the same openers for WASP just a short while ago. What the hell? Poor Amber is gonna be gettin' Deja Vu with the 3 amigos in the corner. At least she won't be alone. ;)

Pearl Room is not the best at selecting openers.
It's cool they give many unknown bands a chance, but they aren't keeping draw potential in mind...

This turns a lot of shows with only one solid touring band (IE - Firewind, Doro, etc, etc), into poorly attended shows.

I know many don't like to agree to this, but the Pearl Room will never be the "Book it and they will come" type of venue, due to the location.

This turns a lot of shows with only one solid touring band into poorly attended shows.

Other than you and Bob do you think people "refuse" to attend shows because of the local openers?
Cause I don't.
I know sometimes the openers suck but that hasn't stopped me from going to shows.