Roope Latvala

CharIie

Moss
Oct 19, 2015
Under the gray sky
Hey guys, just wondering, has any of you heard of Roope since he isn't anymore a part of CoB? It makes sense to not hear from me outside of Finland, but I thought maybe some of the Finnish dudes here has heard something about his plans, projects or thoughts about him leaving CoB?

I hope he understands the only way outside of touring he could cash in is youtube. The amusement of a retired rockstar. I follow Varg Vikernes' channel, on the surface he's actually a very insightful, nature loving and good guy that lives isolated from society with his family.

Last edited:
I hope he understands the only way outside of touring he could cash in is youtube. The amusement of a retired rockstar.
I don't really follow much youtubers but I would totally watch it if Roope had a youtube channel. I bet it would be a success. Just him doing random stuff, walking around talking shit? Maybe some reviews on music or something? :D

Yeah and talking about bands and playing some bits of songs he likes from them. It could definitely be a success, people would drink their coffee watching what Roope's up to. He's quite a mysterious and amusing dude. Depends if he has the self-irony and spark when he's sober, cos if he's depressed or something then he probably won't do it unless he's forced to drink and act. Then again I dunno if there really is a problem with his hand, for sure if he loses his ability to play he will become depressed. Maybe he just has no need for money or women, or maybe he's naturally shy and not willing to express.

Now that the dust has settled... Found out from a reliable source that Roope is having some problems with his left hand and his alcohol use. In this light it kinda sucks that they got a new guitar player while their "brother" is having some health issues. This also makes the fact that they haven't decided if Freyberg will join the band permanently easier to understand. It´s a shame what´s going on with Roope, such a great guitarist and a nice guy. Let´s hope that he gets his shit straight.

Naah man. It's someone who knows him. His alcohol use has been giving him problems before so when i heard about his departure it came as no surprise. It's also quite commonly known that his drinking is quite out there. Too bad that his hand is causing him problems too. Hope he gets better.

Still on the subject, the guy stated that Roope is not ok. There's also more to the picture as he stated that he's not aware of all of the shit going on and the things he's aware of weren't suitable for further elaboration in his opinion. That to me tells that all is not well. Just hope that Roope gets better whatever the problem is.

Yeah
Completely agree on this. Varg has some mental disorders for sure, but I really like his current views on life.

Yeah. It's a shame he's quite black & white in thinking, and hasn't studied enough veganism to understand it is healthy and good in every sense. But what I'm getting at is despite of the past he's trying to be a good person and enlighten himself at present, which is only thing that really matters.