Roope Latvala goes ESP

Hem, mmh, forgive my ignorance, but, apart from the headstock, Alexi's axe is quite the same isn't it ?

I remember when the new endorsment was anounced, there already have been lots of "esp sucks and blah", and some replied that most of what makes a good guitar is the hardware. Of course wood and handwork matters anyway, but I mean, when it's about a 2000$ axe, and if Alexi is happy with it, then I think it's a good guitar^^

Now, maybe jackson uses nordic wood that grew on cold land, where there had been an epic fight between good and forces of evil thousand years ago, a land full of daemons blood, now in jackson's guitarsn, and which makes those guitars the heaviest one^^...

Anyway, Roope's esp's headstock sucks^^

NeedledWarheart said:
Sorry but the only time that guitar looks good is in the hands of dimebag.
Hell yeah!

Anyways, I already knew this was going to happen. You see, we went to this "Guitar Exhibition" with a friend of mine (even talked with Alexi there) and my friend asked Musamaailma salesman Kaide to tell him something about if Roope has new orders. So Kaide told us that Roope has these "Random Stars" coming. And you know why he ordered them? Well, at least Kaide said that because the guitarist of "Loudness" had these models, too. (In case you don't know, Loudness was a japanese band in the 80's (don't know if they still exist))

Reactions: bodomite

> Hem, mmh, forgive my ignorance, but, apart from the
> headstock, Alexi's axe is quite the same isn't it ?

Supposed (intended) to be, but they certainly don't look like Rhoads to me... and i doubt they play like the real thing (dont know, havent played on em) They look like Picasso tried to draw a Rhoads, and ESP used that as a model.

Here is the differences of Alexi's now stolen guitars and the new ESP's

Jackson RR - Alder Body, Black w/Yellow Bevels, 24 fret quartersawn maple neck with ebony finger board, 1 EMG 81 active pickup with 10dB (20dB?) JE-1000 Gain boost electronics, Neck thru design. (I welcome any corrections or adjustments)

ESP RR - BODY :Alder, NECK :Hard Maple, FINGERBORAD :Ebony, 24frets, SCALE :25.5 inch, JOINT :Neck-Thru-Body, PICKUP :EMG HZ-H4 (as opposed to a BETTER EMG 81), BRIDGE :Original Floyd Rose, CONTROL :1 Volume

(Taken Straight from the website at www.espguitars.net, the japanese site for the company.) If you check the American, or English website, there is no mention whatsoever of the RV350AL guitar, EVER. So, does that tell you that something is wrong here. I think, that if you bought the Signature model from ESP japan, you hould get a piece of trash compared to if you ordered a custom for the same price. Delt, back me up here if you think I'm right, but I think the consumer model of Alexi's guitar whould be even more a piece of shit than Alexi's custom shop model.

Let me know if you know different.

that guitar doesnt go with roope. If he wanted an explorer, atleast the edges could have been sharper. Hetfield's ESP explorers kick ass! Oh but, seriously, as far as the looks are concerned this sucks, but I am sure Roope is not dumb, he must have made a wise decision..hence this guitar doesnt suck. :D

The Lantern Nut said:
Everyone on the Bodom and Sinergy forums is saying oh my fucking god that guitar is UUUUGLYYYYYY. Well, it's surely not the best-LOOKING axe I've seen, but hey: maybe it SOUNDS kickass! After all, that's what guitars are made for, now isn't it?
By the way: believe it or not, but I've seen a guitar that looks "gayer", even waaay "gayer" than Roope's new one. It's yellow, and wolf-shaped :lol: :lol: :lol:

heheh...trust me, you havent seen anything gayer than this one --
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...41247844/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/50017

:lol:

Reactions: bobvex
Things just keep getting worse and worse there. I can't believe Jackson fucked Alexi out like that, I had never heard the full story... all I knew his ol 'wildchild' RR was an awesome guitar perfectly suited to him, looks and all. The ESP model looks like shit, from what I've heard here is more cumbersome and plays like shit and from what I've seen and heard it also sounds like fucking shit too (amen EMG passive pickups :p)

People, go to www.espguitars.net, its the Japanese site for ESP. Go to the Artist Model Series, and look at some of these guitars. A lot of them are just copies of other Company's guitars. Theres SG copies, Lespaul copies, Telecaster Copies, Star Copies. Not to many original designs. I'd much rather see roope either design his own guitar, or go with really sharp looking Random Star that the guy Anchang has. that one looks a lot cooler then the one Roope has IMO.

yeah but the only thing they are doing is adding Floyd Roses or EMG Pickups to already existing guitars. AND something they Probably do is lure guiarists away from their present endorsers by promising them as many free guitars as they want.

Alexi's order WAS cancelled, because it was placed through the music store that lost it's Jackson
dealership. By the time Alexi realized this and made contact with Jackson directly, they said,
"Yeah we'll take a new order from you, but you hae to wait 1 to 1-1/2 years like everyone else".
That kind of sucks when you're listed as an endorsed artist on the Jackson site, even if it's only through the distributor. So Alexi probably lost a month between one order getting cancelled and Jackson saying they would take a new order from him.

As for Roope's ESP Star copy, he's
been around long enough to remember the Charvel Star guitars
(Eddie Van Halen gave them the idea for it) and probably wanted something different, so he chose the Star body style. The Warrior was Jackson's later mutation of the Star, made more pointy and wild looking for more agressive metal. But in the mid-80s Star models were very popular, which is
probably why Roope picked that style.

Sounds like he hasn't played the ESP after the first night anyway though. I hope he doesn't get in
trouble doing that.

Alexi's ESP seems to have a larger body than his Jackson. However, if I remember correctly, it also has a small cut-away on the bottom wing to make it easier to reach the higher registers of the fretboard.

Personally, I think ESPs availible in America are terrible. They've got the 2 things I abhor the most on guitars: extra-jumbo frets, and binding on the fretboard. Then you have to realize, only about 10% of ESP's guitars are availible in the US. There is so much more that you can get in Japan.

BTW, my name is Peter and I'm new here!