Roope's Pickup

arvoitus

Dec 12, 2006
The Netherlands
Im just wondering for ages, what pickup does roope has nowadays in his black ESP Random Star.

I know his custom shop came originaly with an SD Invader, and he changed those to a HZ4.
But he has a different pickup now in his black ESP.

It sort of is a Gibson LP bridge style pickup, and its metal/shiny.
I'm trying to find more of it, i remember seeing it clearly in the COBTV.

Here is one of the Unholy Alliance dvd:
roopepickupfd1.jpg

Yeah, and I'm saying it looks black hence why I said it looks like a HZ. Just compare the shade of the pickup compared to the pickup ring and hardware.

Look at the pickup closely, you can clealy see some screw heads along the bottom row. Gibson pickup style. Not to mention the colour isn't dark enough for it to be an HZ-4.

Look at the pickup closely, you can clealy see some screw heads along the bottom row. Gibson pickup style. Not to mention the colour isn't dark enough for it to be an HZ-4.
It sort of is a Gibson LP bridge style pickup, and its metal/shiny.
I'm trying to find more of it, i remember seeing it clearly in the COBTV.
Thats what im telling.

An EMG-HZ is black:

Roope's pickup is VERY shiny and metal like, let me show it again in a clear picture:
std16.jpg

Looks a bit like a Bareknuckle pickup actually... but I'd be very surprised if it was.

Yeah, the warpig (or nailbomb) does like extremely the same. But roope isnt on the "players" list of BKP.

in that picture Roope's pick-up is so fucking dirty that even if it shined as gold we would not be able to see it,
His screws are brown/orange (rust), how can his 4 year old ESP with EMG's have rusty screws while his 20 year old jackson looks brand new.
On the botton picture you clearly see that there is no text on it.

he has an hz-h2 in his white esp. At least he did when he performed at the guitar heroes concert thing. You can see the emghz logo and the screws if you zoom in. This isn't suprising considering it's described as a paf with a ceramic, and has 8.6k or so resistance, exactly like the j50bc. Have no idea what that one in his black esp is though.