New guitars and henkka's new bass

Lord Hasselhoff

Bad Horsie
Jul 6, 2005
The land of the thousand lakes
http://www.musamaailma.fi/bandikamat/uutiset/116.phtml

Somehow translated:

''CoB is currently touring Japan and the new album is still going strong on charts!

The ESP crew dropped by the band's Tokyo show and handed Henkka his new VIPER CUSTOM SHOP-bass and Allu a copy of the upcoming ESP ALEXI LAIHO-model. We'll inform more on the Alexi Laiho model in the nearby future!!

(below the pictures:)
HENKKA BLACKSMITH ANS HIS NEW VIPER CUSTOM SHOP BASS!
ALEXI LAIHO AND HIS NEW CUSTOM SHOP MODEL!

CoB is going to finish their tours long after new year's eve and next they're heading for the U.S (sry, a hard sentence to translate, but you get the idea :)) Below is a pic of the guys' tour guitars!''

Is it just me or is the Laiho model still just a RR, just a little bit wider and longer? no me gusta:puke:

I have to say i'm a little bit disappointed about Alexis new guitar. I hoped for something totally new. But now not only the shape is the same. Also this black-yellow finish isn't new. Alexi already got a ESP Custom with the same fuckin finish. Just the inlays are different.

yeah, henkkas bass is ugly. and alexis new model...it's same guitar, just inlays changed, same emg-hz pickup (shit). and on that guitar stand you can see new white one with black stripes and saw-tooth inlays.

-Gavin- said:
:lol: what the fuck are you talking about?

Come on, break it down. Why do they sound like shit?
Because Alexi is playing it and he sucks and is a nu-metaller. (That was a joke)

-Gavin- said:
Pretty accurate though.
I think the reason they are heading in a different direction is because the whole band is contributing more not just Alexi writing the songs. Also if they kept on playing the same stuff you would complain that they never progress...hard to win either way.

-Gavin- said:
I never complain if a band doesn't progress...

Infact, if i like a band, i want them to stay that way...
Really? I would prefer a band to try and improve and keep progressing even if it means sometimes they screw up (keep things interesting and from going stale)

I was waiting so long for this new model, thinking it will be different. It was obvious old models were lacking something (in sound, thin and cheap). And he didn't even change that pickup (he was complaining on it 2 years ago). There isn't even gain booster factory added, eventhough he has it on all of his guitars.
This was only done by ESP to take more money on his name IMO. Now he has 5 (five) models, that are just the same guitars...

5 Models ?? I think he's got four now.

The black with white stripes
The with with black stripes
The "old" yellow-black
The "new" yellow-black

Which is number 5 ?

-Gavin- said:
:lol: what the fuck are you talking about?

Come on, break it down. Why do they sound like shit?

just in my ears but it sucks...you can hear true guitar sound when its not heavily processed, and i have bootlegs and heared them live with basic equipment. sound was thin and cheap, guitar wasn't SCREAMING it was whining for help.
i think if he swapped pu's it would be much better. just my opinion...old jacksons sounded better :cool: