NEW Edwards edition of Alexi's Pink Sawtooth

for me Edwards is better than ESP.
since its my name I can convince those unknowing folk that it is my own personal custom guitar :lol:

I have the white E-AL-128. Got an EMG-81 put in there, sounds and plays like a dream.

Edwards FTW!

Ofc I know they are cheaper ESP's
contrary to my user title, I'm not actually a retard (debatable).

I was saying its better FOR ME because of the name thing.
Not that they are better guitars

Its like saying a Squire Strat is better than a Fender Strat.

:rolleyes:

Ofc I know they are cheaper ESP's
contrary to my user title, I'm not actually a retard (debatable).

I was saying its better FOR ME because of the name thing.
Not that they are better guitars

Its like saying a Squire Strat is better than a Fender Strat.

:rolleyes:
Lol I don't think you should compare Squier<Fender to Edwards<Esp.

Lol I don't think you should compare Squier<Fender to Edwards<Esp.

I don't mean to compare the Strats to the ESP's, I mean just in terms of comparing the models from each brand.

I suppose the Squire < Fender would probably be more like LTD < ESP and Edwards would be somewhere between LTD and ESP.

It isn't. What makes the Edwards better? The body? The specs nearly are the same. The Ltd got a made in germany floyd, the edwards a korean or whatever floyd so the Ltd should be better.

I wonder when you people will realize that these discussions are pointless. This is at least the fifth time where the the edwards-ltd-esp thing occures. here are several other "discussions" as pointless as this one but this is a good example. Most of the people here (i'm excluding you here arcane) never really played the guitars they are discussing about. You would have to play lots of guitars from all three brands till you give a justified statement. On top of that, you neither can't discuss about genremusical tastes nor about special guitar tastes but no one seems to realize that.

Innuendo is pretty much correct for the most part, the argument is largely pointless.

But my point, just to clarify, isn't just baseless. ESP is far and away my favorite guitar company, and I have played several LTD's (which are great guitars too), Edwards, ESP Standards, and ESP Customs. And in that playing, it has always been in my experience (as well as others who have played Edwards, LTD, and ESP) that while LTD is certainly good too, Edwards tend to have an edge on overall build quality. It might have to do with the fact that they're built in Japan, same as the ESP Standards and Customs, rather than Korea. According to the company (which means it's probably at least somewhat true), every Edwards luthier has experience first as one for ESP guitars.

I'm not saying it's some huge difference or that one is bad and one is amazing. I'm just saying that as far as QC goes, as well as build quality and materials go, Edwards have in my experience (again, as well as others) been somewhat better. In most cases, they're the same quality as the LTD Deluxe guitars, and in some cases they're nearly as good as ESP Standard series guitars. Though, certain Standard series are better than others. But then, same with LTD's, and Edwards.

Your AL-600 is a great guitar. It's definitely one of the best LTD's, and is probably on the same level as an Edwards RV, if not extremely close. I'm not trying to downplay your guitar, just speaking from what I know.

I love that guitar...I played one last week and the sound is awesome

I wonder when you people will realize that these discussions are pointless. This is at least the fifth time where the the edwards-ltd-esp thing occures. here are several other "discussions" as pointless as this one but this is a good example. Most of the people here (i'm excluding you here arcane) never really played the guitars they are discussing about. You would have to play lots of guitars from all three brands till you give a justified statement. On top of that, you neither can't discuss about genremusical tastes nor about special guitar tastes but no one seems to realize that.

I too didn't just blurt this out without prior experience.

Without going to much into detail here

While in the states I had the chance to experience both the ESP and the LTD and weigh the pro's and cons of each. I now own an Edwards since I decided I didn't want an LTD but couldn't afford an ESP.

It was clear to me that the LTD was the lowest quality of the 3 and I wouldn't consider buying one, I'm sure other people may have had different experiences maybe with all 3 guitars but from me and my experience with all 3 I stand by my statement.

LTD < Edwards < ESP

A guitar isn't better the higher the price tag is:rolleyes:

and just because I have a lower post count doesn't mean I am any less of a discerning critic on this subject.

Each to his own I guess

Peace yo

Also just noticed Arcanes post, The Edwards Floyd is from a Japanese Manufacturer.

EDIT: Once again I Tried to hit edit and manages to hit Quote.

DERPY DERPY DERP DE DERP