Roundhouse Tapes DVD

dunno if im gunna bother with this.. i thought there would be alot more in the package and consdering that ive already seen face of melinda and bleak, i cant really be bothered seeing as its a little old hat now.

Huh. How do you feel about Lamentations? Was that worth seeing or buying only because it wasn't released first as an album?

Honestly, I find the 'Tapes not only a crushing performance in itself, but leagues better than Lamentations. The latter, being their first live release, is in my opinion for that reason a bit awkward and slightly contrived in execution. Watching Lopez is its highlight for me, and does not fully make up for Mike's poor vocal performance, Peter's particularly painful guitar tuning/tone (during the Damnation set), and of course the unvaried (but unhelpable) setlist. Lamentations seems to me also slightly sterile in its mix and sonic capture of the venue atmosphere; TRT on the other hand engages me. I only hope that carries over to the DVD, which will be important to me additionally because of Peter's presumably last appearance on any Opeth release. From the moment I see his solo in When, it will have been worth it.

Huh. How do you feel about Lamentations? Was that worth seeing or buying only because it wasn't released first as an album?

Honestly, I find the 'Tapes not only a crushing performance in itself, but leagues better than Lamentations. The latter, being their first live release, is in my opinion for that reason a bit awkward and slightly contrived in execution. Watching Lopez is its highlight for me, and does not fully make up for Mike's poor vocal performance, Peter's particularly painful guitar tuning/tone (during the Damnation set), and of course the unvaried (but unhelpable) setlist. Lamentations seems to me also slightly sterile in its mix and sonic capture of the venue atmosphere; TRT on the other hand engages me. I only hope that carries over to the DVD, which will be important to me additionally because of Peter's presumably last appearance on any Opeth release. From the moment I see his solo in When, it will have been worth it.

well for a start the 2 year gap between the show and release date certainly has alot to do with me purchasing with this release. It just seems out of date now. No question i would have bought the dvd over the audio cd. and tbh if the dvd had come out first i would have probably bought the audio cd aswell so i could listen to the songs on the move... i have already over played the cd i guess.
But also lamentations dvd was the first Opeth gig i ever went to aswell, so i definately wanted to relive it again. and i think it was only about 6 or 7 months between the show and the dvd release date (and even then i was on the edge of my seat to watch it ahah)

Do you think this will get a Blu Ray release?

When they were getting ready to film it, the official website said it would be filmed in high definition so presumably an HD master exists.

2007-08-04

The much anticipated live album "The Roundhouse Tapes" (Live at the Camden Roundhouse 2006) will be released through Peaceville records on October 22. The double disc venture will feature the following songs:

CD1: "When", "Ghost Of Perdition", "Under The Weeping Moon", "Bleak", "Face Of Melinda", "The Night And The silent waters"

CD2: "Windowpane", "Blackwater Park", "Demon of the Fall"

The (even more anticipated) HD filmed DVD will be released in early 2008. This will also feature (lots of) fan interviews, band interviews, soundcheck footage and live photos + exclusive menu music written by Åkerfeldt and Wiberg.

Now whether it is economically viable to produce a HD version remains to be seen. At this point, I'd say doubtful.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vhCKPh1dUMY[/ame]
theres the face of melinda track.

i cant wait for this live dvd. i love watching live dvds from my fav bands!