RTR live

WestHammer

small member
Mar 4, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys, can ppl give their opinions on what rtr sounds like live
Living in Australia, I've never seen IF live, obviously i have some boots and have got the tokyo showdown
but i am wondering how the RTR stuff sounds live
cos from the setlists that i have read - they play the worst material from rtr live anyway
i understand that they are gonna play mostly songs off this album
but why system drifter and trigger??
ewww
i would much prefer dysmiss the cynics free fall and dark signs
but hey thats just my opinion

oh yeah and what happens in system live when the 'electronica' solo comes up??? do they just stand there??
thanx...
phelps

I saw In Flames open for (cringes) Mudvayne a few months back. I had heard some negative comments about their new stuff when played live. But I was pleasantly surprised at how the r2r songs came off live. very good. I liked hearing their older stuff more, just because I'm more used to it and know how to play a lot of their older riffs. - but all in all it was a top notch show.

they played: Black & White, System, Drifter, Cloud-Connected, and Trigger.

I'm seeing them again in 2 days in Cleveland, OH and I would expect nothing less than the best. Thank god they're headlining this time.

yeh its good they givin you guys such a long set
it's not too bad at all!!
just gotta get em here to australia now.. hehe

neway yeah i wish i was a fan when whoracle was out - then i would have travelled to see em
i only started listening to em when colony came out... :(

but to me system and drifter are two of the worst rtr tracks
(following transparent and dawn af a gay day)

and tracks 8 - 12 would all be sick live!!!!

Songs from the RtR album sounds great live. Besides some prerecorded keyboarding, there seems to be some harmony vocals that are also prerecorded, but I don't think it's very audible.