'Run away...' Part of Demon of the Fall

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I know that MAYH was recorded when Mikael had a cold.. but does it sound like to anyone in this part of the song that he's singing the vocal line with a really really blocked nose? I try to emulate that part, and whenever I sing it, I need to close my nose off so I can get it right. I think it just adds to the raw emotion of the part.

weird, I was just singing along to it and I saw your thread title, I cant ever get my voice the same as his there either, ill try your nose pinch technique though....that is if its not patented? :p oh and I think it may just be a combination of the effects on his vocals......sounds like a slight delay and some reverb.......ive always wondered how difficult is it when working with effects on vocals?

Moonlapse-
"I know that MAYH was recorded when Mikael had a cold.. but does it sound like to anyone in this part of the song that he's singing the vocal line with a really really blocked nose? I try to emulate that part, and whenever I sing it, I need to close my nose off so I can get it right. I think it just adds to the raw emotion of the part."

:lol: That's funny. This thread caught my eye cos this line is the first Opeth line that I remembered. There's always that line that find yourself singing that makes you want to have more.

What you're saying includes the "just one second, and I was left with nothing..." just after. The whole chorus actually. Right? All of this chorus sounds very similar in tone to me.

The clean vocals on MAYH are great, including the 'Run away..' bit. Mikael should put a peg on his nose permanently. :D

What about when they play Demon of the Fall live? Does he sound different?