Runners here?

Do any of you also do split sessions ? 1mn slow / 2mn fast / 1mn slow etc...

I was told by my coach that it is very benefic/gives result faster.

Talk about articulations; ran 5 km the other day and went for a bike ride a few days later : my back and neck are scrap. Taking Advils. :( Sometimes you think you're ok and the pain comes the following day. I never know how long to rest.

I got a Polar cardiometer thing and it's pretty cool cause I used an indoor (rolling carpet?tapis roulant) the other day and my BPM was displayed on the machine via bluetooth automatically.

It is good yeah but it's good to keep a variety of types of runs, some long/fast runs, some splits, some very chill and slow jogging are very beneficial too.
Yep bpm is good, it gives better results than just monitoring your speed if you wanna progress. A good ballpark for say a run at 50% would be your rest heart rate + 50% of the difference with your max heart rate. Say 80 is your heart rate at rest, 200 your max, 0% is 80, 100% is 200, and 50% is 140

According to the booklet I had to fill last week for my gym class, you have 5 key zones. You first determine your max by calculing 220 - (0.7 x your age). I'm not totally sure but the zones were (in % of your total max) : 60 to 74%, 75 to 84, 85 to 94, 95 to 97, 98 to 100. If you wanted to lose weight you had to keep it in the 1st zone (60 to 74% of your max BPM) for longer than to build cardio (zone 3 to 4). I was always in the 4th zone, but I'm fat and would take a shot of asthma pump which adds about 10 BPM according to the teacher.

Man, being fat is not of any help, it's hard on the legs. If I lost my belly I wouldn't look fat.