Rush thread leads to slagging of Swano?

thespectralsorrows

Metal Lord
Jun 19, 2002
Laurel, MD USA
groups.yahoo.com
Ha, ha...Kinda cool.
I will always have people telling me I suck etc. It comes with the package...
I think there are other people out there who would hate my guts if I told them I like "Hold your fire" more than "2112" etc. But it's just who I am. I am a post-prog warrior and I stand by my opinion. I don't really care too much if people think I am overrated, because I think some of the most celebrated metal/prog Icons are highly overrated an because of that I cannot cry when someone (for a change) tell me I kind of suck. You can never please everybody, and life is too short to even try.

PROGBANDS THAT TURNED POP RULES!!!!!

The new album sucks, but the one before it ('Test For Echo') is excellent. Counterparts, Power Windows & Grace Under Pressure also rule.

Hehe funny Dan..glad you don't feel hurt...the way other respectable musicians would tell that person to fuck off or something. Though I don't agree with you about 2112 and the whole post-prog idea, I still enjoy Unicorn a lot.

Not big on Rush myself, but I've been listening to Dan's music since I was 14, so I personally don't think his stuff is overrated at all (if anything, there's a slew of infinitely less talented musicians in heavy metal that have more cash and recognition than Mr.Swano). Jean Pierre is just a playah hatah. :)

Naglfar said:
Not big on Rush myself, but I've been listening to Dan's music since I was 14, so I personally don't think his stuff is overrated at all (if anything, there's a slew of infinitely less talented musicians in heavy metal that have more cash and recognition than Mr.Swano). Jean Pierre is just a playah hatah. :)
Yeah, Jean Pierre just doesn't get it obviously, he couldn't even understand me apparently. When I say that Hold Your Fire is my favorite, it's not because it's someone else's favorite that it became my favorite. I was just telling the FrenchyAmerican dude that some other people I knew of loved that CD. I didn't think for a minute Dan would be offended or bothered by anyone's comments, he's no newbie to the music world.