Saffire Pro 40 trouble

KevChelios

New Metal Member
Jan 14, 2012
Hey guys, I just started using the pro 40 with Reaper and it was working great until now. It's cracking up and cutting out really bad all of a sudden. I've set the latency to longest and the buffer to the highest as well. Nothing seams to work, any ideas?

Could be a firewire issue. I have a Saffire Pro 26, and because I don't have a Texas Instruments firewire card I have to restart the interface every once in a while when I start to hear the crackling noise. It doesn't happen often enough for it to be a major problem, and it seems to only happen when I am using non recording programs to play sound such as my media player and web browser. Perhaps your issue is similar?

Could be a firewire issue. I have a Saffire Pro 26, and because I don't have a Texas Instruments firewire card I have to restart the interface every once in a while when I start to hear the crackling noise. It doesn't happen often enough for it to be a major problem, and it seems to only happen when I am using non recording programs to play sound such as my media player and web browser. Perhaps your issue is similar?

I thought that was it at first too, but I checked and I do have the TI chipset. This is so frustrating, haha.

Sorry if this is too basic of a question, but have you tried powering on/off your interface and making sure the firmware/drivers are all up to date ?

It's alright, I first, powered everything off, rebooted everything, and nothing, so I updated to the most recent driver, and it kinda worked for a split second, and then crapped out again.