Samuel Barber - Adagio For Strings

DirgeForNovember

Child Of Entropia
May 1, 2004
Whoa. I don't think classical music ever hit me so hard. It's so incredible heavy and beautiful at the same time. Utterly depressing. This has to be the most moving piece of classic I've ever heard.

I highly recommend you to check it out. Do you know any other classical pieces that are this beautiful, heavy and depressing?

I haven't listened to that yet, but I'll try to check it out. I don't know about "heavy" but the first movement of "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven hit me quite hard from the first time I heard it. I love listening to it and love (trying) to play it.

I remember when I first started listening to classical in my teens, Adagio was onre of my faves. It's an astoundingly emotive piece of music. It definiately illustrates the ethereal nature of drawing out emotion through music.

Listened to it and it made me wonder where have I heard it before. And then it struck me : Platoon. The composition itself is pretty simple, shich is partly where it's strength lies, simple, emotional and slow moving. Me likes.