San Francisco show 3/12

Yes, encore sux...

An encore is something not planed you play because you had a good audience. Not something you must do like a lot of famous band do nowaday

They did that too in Montreal, no encore! I think it's better!

I want to see pics from SF if anyone has some, post them! :D

I'm dead tired, sore as all fucking hell from being smashed in the front and I have to go to work in 10 minutes. BUT, I WILL tell you right now that that show was soooooooooooooooooo fun! TONS of photos. I think I took like 220 pics. lol I'll give a full review, setlist tonight after I get home from Kreator at the Pound or tomorrow, okay? Guys I know you read this so - LOVE YOU SKITUNGES! hahahahaha

Squeak said:
I'm dead tired, sore as all fucking hell from being smashed in the front and I have to go to work in 10 minutes.

Yeah, I'm also trying to re-adjust my brain into my skull. I think you were next to my friend in the hat, so I was two to you left.

...........It was definately a Show of Character.:headbang:

I'm in awe. This band interacts with the crowd so well, I just can't say any more accept that this show was pure energy from start to finish. The Endless Feed was exceptionally good. I was the guy screaming for water in front center/turned down the beer :) Got to meet squeak (Caroline?) also during indifferent suns :)

I signed up for the forums to comment on the San Francisco show.

While I've seen and enjoyed Opeth live, I was so happy to see DT top a bill. Opeth is in the area a fair amount, when can you see DT headline in the Bay Area?

As I told a woman who was taking pictures of the band in some official capacity, I could die happy after seeing DT headline such a great show at the Pound. Of the 100 plus shows I've been to, that was in the top 10 for sure. DT is just clearly a band that appreciates and knows how to connect with their fans. The energy and musicianship was stellar and just so damn memorable.

I hope the band realizes how much excitement there was to see them around here. It was a huge treat and they really delivered. Hope the rest of your tour goes great, guys. I really hope to see you headline again in the area.

No offense to other bands but fuck them all! Dark Tranquility should headline every time they are in town!!! :headbang: :kickass:

Yes last night's show kicked ass. Mikael mus have grabbed my hand at least 15 times during the show. I cant remember exact setlist but some songs included, Lost to apathy, Final Resitance, Damage Done, Punish my Heaven. Too bad i cant remember all the songs. Michael handed me his pick in between songs which was awesome. After the show i got to to talk with Anders, i asked him if he knew of when they'd be back. He didn't :mad:

But overal It was one of the best shows i've ever seen. :headbang:

I missed the show. Something important came up with friends. Ah, fuck. I didn't get to see DT live, and in headline. Seriously, that concert would have been amazing, and for an amazing price, too. It's not about the money, though. That was freakin' Dark Tranquillity!

Well, maybe next time. Squeak I'm waiting for your review.:)

A Reason To Sing said:
I missed the show. Something important came up with friends. Ah, fuck. I didn't get to see DT live, and in headline. Seriously, that concert would have been amazing, and for an amazing price, too. It's not about the money, though. That was freakin' Dark Tranquillity!

Well, maybe next time. Squeak I'm waiting for your review.:)

Bummer, that happened to me for In Flames show in January. Just reposting here what I posted on the Opeth forum.

They tore it up like anything.....we ate it up and they loved us for that. Dude, we went crazy, moshing and headbanging and all. (Mikael kept putting his fist over his heart in response). In parts of the songs we were doing European style chanting, "Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey". Mikael's voice was in full tone, and force. But they did play ThereIn so that was cool too.

"it was solid
yet everchanging
it was different
yet the same"

Pauly's metalheads said:
They tore it up like anything.....we ate it up and they loved us for that. Dude, we went crazy, moshing and headbanging and all. (Mikael kept putting his fist over his heart in response). In parts of the songs we were doing European style chanting, "Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey". Mikael's voice was in full tone, and force. But they did play ThereIn so that was cool too.

"it was solid
yet everchanging
it was different
yet the same"

Yeah that was a lot of fun. I loved the show. DT is fucking awesome. I'm soo glad they headlined in SF. god.... that show WAS SO AWESOME

P.S. PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE TOOK A LOT OF PICTURES. I would REALLY like to get some pictures.. I took some with my cell, but the camera on it is total shit. PLEASE SOMEONE. ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME.
chainheart543@gmail.com = email chainheart543 = AIM I already have a request on DT's myspace.

Pauly's metalheads said:
Bummer, that happened to me for In Flames show in January. Just reposting here what I posted on the Opeth forum.

"it was solid
yet everchanging
it was different
yet the same"

Man, that's awesome stuff. Mikael is a kickass guy. I'm glad you had fun, man. Did anyone get to meet the band? What kind of merch did they sell?

A Reason To Sing said:
Man, that's awesome stuff. Mikael is a kickass guy. I'm glad you had fun, man. Did anyone get to meet the band? What kind of merch did they sell?
Totally sucks you couldn't see the show. No doubt they'll have an official headline in america in the next few years. They sold a black tour shirt that had this: http://shop.nuclearblast.de/show_big_pic.php?imagedir=artikelbilder/133&pic=133620.jpg#
pic on the front, in more greyish, and tour dates on the back. which doesnt show the 3/12 date headline. should of been like, FUCKING AWESOME HEADLINE YA!, for 3/12.

i agree with all of you guys. the show was definitely fucking awsome. even though they played 18 songs i just wanted more. their energy was just spectacular. they opened up with "the wonders at your feet". great opening song, everybody cheered. i was expecting the place to be more packed but it was definitely a good showing. i was taking pics but my camera was all goofed out. until nexttime.

this isn't the setlist cause i can't remember that well but they opened with the wonders and closed with final resistance(what else)

-in chronological order

punish my heaven
lethe
zodiackl light
therein
the wonders at your feet
not built too last
indifferent suns
haven
final resistance
monochromatic stains
the treason wall
damage done
white noise/black silence
the new build
through smuggled lenses
the endless feed
lost to apathy
my negation

tunaman said:
i agree with all of you guys. the show was definitely fucking awsome. even though they played 18 songs i just wanted more. their energy was just spectacular. they opened up with "the wonders at your feet". great opening song, everybody cheered. i was expecting the place to be more packed but it was definitely a good showing. i was taking pics but my camera was all goofed out. until nexttime.

this isn't the setlist cause i can't remember that well but they opened with the wonders and closed with final resistance(what else)

-in chronological order

punish my heaven
lethe
zodiackl light
therein
the wonders at your feet
not built too last
indifferent suns
haven
final resistance
monochromatic stains
the treason wall
damage done
the new build
through smuggled lenses
the endless feed
lost to apathy
my negation

HAVEN woah! They didn't play that song in Montreal! :mad: :mad: I am jealous now! :p

tunaman said:

-in chronological order

punish my heaven
lethe
zodiackl light
therein
the wonders at your feet
not built too last
indifferent suns
haven
final resistance
monochromatic stains
the treason wall
damage done
the new build
through smuggled lenses
the endless feed
lost to apathy
my negation

Shit, that's a great fucking setlist. Man, I feel like just sitting in the corner with my head down.

Oh well, I'm glad to here that many of you folks had fun because that means I would have, too. :)

Rock on.
My hair wasn't long enough to head bang, anyways. :p It will be in two-three years when and if they have a headline in the U.s. haha

Man, I really wanted to just go crazy if I were to see them play Final Resistance...ah...nextime.

Hey, did you folks had any conversations with DT, did they chill after the show?