Sarah Palin takes Fox News commentator job

Shit like this is why it's so easy for us Canadians to get a job as debt collectors, because 62% of the company's business comes from american credit card clients. Bullshit republicans buying more than they can afford in every useless aspect of their lives from unnecessary bogus security measures AKA civilian M4's with armor-piercing bullets all the way to shamwows and magic bullets due to fears of queers and pressure from peers. But I agree, fuck democrats too.

Huh?

A) Was there ever any doubt in the minds of the people of "the world" about what Fox News was peddling?

B) Why would the most popular cable news network in the country want to change their image?

The people that buy into the Fox News product are the same people who are buying Palin's new book, so this seems like a masterstroke to me.

No no, that's obvious. What I'm saying is that Fox had a chance to shake things up a bit but instead it's gonna be more of the same. If they had decided to add an independent or someone, ANYONE instead of Palin, they could have a shred of dignity.

Should have hired this man.., but he'd probably beat some ass out of frustration.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

In this topic, Eric has never heard of Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, or Sean Hannity. All commentators.

I seriously doubt Fox News signed Sarah Palin for a multi-year contract to wink at the camera and show some cleavage for 5 minutes a week, although that's basically all she's good for.

I bet she gives some mean head, though.

They're show hosts, not commentators.

Karl Rove, Ann Coulter, etc. Commentators (for said show host's shows). They just pop in for 5 minutes from time to time.

You're, just like the rest of the dumb shit liberal bloggers, are taking this way out of proportion.

I think it's worth blowing it out of proportion. Somebody has gotta fight the conservative tide of stupidity, inability to reason and outright lies.

Nobody needs this bitch anywhere near Washington, and if she's only getting five minutes here and there, it's five more minutes of exposure for a woman barely able to answer a question coherently that puts her closer to running on the Republican ticket.

That said, I'm not even sure the Republican elite are stupid enough to put her on it. I hope.

The "true conservatives" or so I am told are just jacking off about this. IMO both parties need to be abolished, and a good number of them shot or hung for treason and burned in a dumpster to set the stage for a more practical and hands on leadership.

They're show hosts, not commentators.

Karl Rove, Ann Coulter, etc. Commentators (for said show host's shows). They just pop in for 5 minutes from time to time.

You're, just like the rest of the dumb shit liberal bloggers, are taking this way out of proportion.

Jesus Christ, they are commentators who just now have their own shows. Neither Beck nor Hannity is a journalist, and Beck didn't start out with his own show...he started out AS A COMMENTATOR. I didn't say she's taking over the lead anchor role, I said she's becoming a commentator...and do you REALLY think she's not gonna get her own show eventually? She's already going to be hosting that gay-ass "Real American Stories" program. But in typical fuck-the-facts Republican fashion, I guess you didn't click on the link. Here, I'll save you the trouble:

"She also will host occasional episodes of Fox News' "Real American Stories," a series debuting this year that the network said will feature true inspirational stories about Americans who have overcome adversity."

Also I'm inclined to agree with Derek...even if she is on for just 5 minutes a week, that's 5 minutes too long for these mouth-breathers.

Absolutely not 'cause dem fags ain't rale Amurricuns!!!!

No, this is gonna be a bunch of feel-good, yellow-ribbon tying, flag waving dipshits jerking each other off about how much they love the US and how great it is, even though their lives are utter and complete shit. They'll be forced to work the rest of their lives to pay off the massive debt they incurred just by trying to go to college and then they'll die before they get to pay it off because their insurance company will drop them from coverage. Meanwhile, the rest of the world has nearly free health care and higher education.

THAT'S a real American story.

Jesus Christ, they are commentators who just now have their own shows. Neither Beck nor Hannity is a journalist, and Beck didn't start out with his own show...he started out AS A COMMENTATOR. I didn't say she's taking over the lead anchor role, I said she's becoming a commentator...and do you REALLY think she's not gonna get her own show eventually? She's already going to be hosting that gay-ass "Real American Stories" program. But in typical fuck-the-facts Republican fashion, I guess you didn't click on the link. Here, I'll save you the trouble:

"She also will host occasional episodes of Fox News' "Real American Stories," a series debuting this year that the network said will feature true inspirational stories about Americans who have overcome adversity."

Also I'm inclined to agree with Derek...even if she is on for just 5 minutes a week, that's 5 minutes too long for these mouth-breathers.

Beck didn't start out on fox news though, he was on CNN. CNN IS FUCKING BIASED THOSE RIGHT WING ASSHOLES HAVING SOMEONE LIKE BECK. He also had a very huge career in the news end of the radio prior to that.

Hannity had pretty much the same lineage aside from the CNN part.

Also, if credibility for hosting a TV SHOW is determined by journalism lineage, I guess Kieth Olbermann, Rachel Dykecow, Lou Dobbs, Wolf Blitzer, and pretty much everyone else on cable news are unfit for work.

Now, to best explain the difference between a commentator/contributor and a show host in the cable news world, I shall copy and paste this from wikipedia:

Program hosts

* David Asman
* Bret Baier
* Julie Banderas
* Glenn Beck
* Dave Briggs
* Brenda Buttner
* Gretchen Carlson
* Alisyn Camerota
* Neil Cavuto
* Jamie Colby
* Steve Doocy
* Trace Gallagher
* Paul Gigot
* Greg Gutfeld
* Sean Hannity
* Bill Hemmer
* Mike Huckabee
* Juliet Huddy
* Gregg Jarrett
* Terry Keenan
* Megyn Kelly
* Brian Kilmeade
* Mort Kondracke
* Rick Leventhal
* Martha MacCallum
* Clayton Morris
* Bill O'Reilly
* Geraldo Rivera
* Jon Scott
* Eric Shawn
* Jane Skinner
* Shepard Smith
* Greta Van Susteren
* Chris Wallace
* Kelly Wright

Correspondents and substitute anchors

* Alicia Acuna
* Jim Angle
* Shannon Bream
* Steve Brown
* Patti Ann Browne
* Greg Burke
* Carl Cameron
* Steve Centanni
* Kathleen Cochrane
* Claudia Cowan
* Christine Clayburg
* Domenica Davis
* Janice Dean
* Jill Dobson
* Ainsley Earhardt
* Mike Emanuel
* Harris Faulkner
* Rick Folbaum
* Courtney Friel
* Major Garrett
* Anna Gilligan
* Jeff Goldblatt
* Wendell Goler
* Rebecca Gomez
* Lauren Green
* Jennifer Griffin
* Steve Harrigan
* Molly Henneberg
* Catherine Herridge
* Adam Housley
* Brit Hume
* David Hunt
* Jonathan Hunt
* Laura Ingle
* Laura Ingraham
* Gregg Jarrett
* Griff Jenkins
* John Kasich
* Phil Keating
* Amy Kellogg
* Douglas Kennedy
* Julie Kirtz
* William La Jeunesse
* Rick Leventhal
* Dana Lewis
* Molly Line
* Erik Liljegren
* Doug Luzader
* Dagen McDowell
* Carol McKinley
* David Lee Miller
* Heather Nauert
* Andrew Napolitano
* Reena Ninan
* Mike Norman
* Kate Obenshain
* Greg Palkot
* Uma Pemmaraju
* Rick Reichmuth
* James Rosen
* Orlando Salinas
* Suzanne Sena
* Jonathan Serrie
* Eric Shawn
* Caroline Shively
* Marianne Silber
* Lauren Sivan
* Brian Smith
* Dan Springer
* Andrew Stack
* Casey Stegall
* Mike Tobin
* Anita Vogel
* Brian Wilson

Regular guests and contributors

* Dr. Keith Ablow
* Arthur L. Aidala
* Julia Allison
* Dr. Manny Alvarez
* Dr. Jennifer Ashton
* Dr. Robert Ashton
* Dr. Michael Baden
* Mike Baker
* Fred Barnes
* Bob Beckel
* Jeff Birnbaum
* Tony Blankley
* Scott Bleier
* John R. Bolton
* Tammy Bruce
* Pat Caddell
* Tucker Carlson
* Amanda Carpenter
* Chris Cilliza
* Alan Colmes
* Mercedes Colwin
* David Corn
* Ann Coulter
* Steven Crowder
* Monica Crowley
* S.E. Cupp
* Lanny Davis
* Nina Easton
* Mark Eiglarsh
* Susan Estrich
* Steve Forbes
* Noah Frances
* Kinky Friedman
* Mark Fuhrman
* Brigitte Gabriel
* Mike Gallagher
* Newt Gingrich
* Bernard Goldberg
* Kevin Godlington
* John Gray
* Kimberly Guilfoyle
* Jane Hall
* Mary Katharine Ham
* Stephen Hayes
* Ellis Henican
* Caroline Heldman
* Hugh Hewitt
* Jonathan Hoenig
* Sonny Hostin
* Margaret Hoover
* Ann Hughes
* Brit Hume
* Colonel David Hunt
* Mansoor Ijaz
* Laura Ingraham
* Alireza Jafarzadeh
* Peter J. Johnson
* Tom Jones
* Gary Kaltbaum
* Mort Kondracke
* Charles Krauthammer
* Bill Kristol
* Adam Lashinsky
* John "Bradshaw" Layfield
* Andrew Levy
* Mara Liasson
* Commander Kirk Lippold
* Rich Lowry
* Frank Luntz
* Robert Maginnis
* Michelle Malkin
* Robert Massi
* Mary Matalin
* Meghan McCain
* Angela McGlowan
* Dennis Miller
* Judith Miller
* Stephen Moore
* Dick Morris
* Father Jonathan Morris
* Mancow Muller
* Steve Murphy
* Lt. Col. Oliver North
* Kate Obenshain
* Charles Payne
* Dana Perino
* Colonel Ralph Peters
* Walid Phares
* Jim Pinkerton
* Julia Piscitelli
* Kirsten Powers
* Jeanine Pirro
* Laurie Puhn
* Scott Rasmussen
* Michael Reagan
* Tonya Reiman
* Wayne Rogers
* Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld
* Karl Rove
* Marc H. Rudov
* Bill Sammon
* Rick Santorum
* Michael Scheuer
* Doug Schoen
* Bill Schulz
* Mickey Sherman
* Sherrod Small
* Gary B. Smith
* Tobin Smith
* Jonna Spilbor
* Ben Stein
* John Stossel
* Andrea Tantaros
* John Tantillo
* Liz Trotta
* Cal Thomas
* Paul E. Vallely
* Dr. Leigh Vinocur
* Lis Wiehl
* Juan Williams
* Dr. Georgia Witkin
* Howard Wolfson
* Sarah Palin

Former personalities and contributors

* Louis Aguirre (former morning host, now at WSVN in Miami, FL)
* Dari Alexander (now at WNYW in New York City)
* Tiki Barber (now with NBC News and NBC Sports)
* Rudi Bakhtiar (no longer active in cable news industry, now Director of Public Relations for the Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans)
* Lisa Bernhard (entertainment correspondent)
* Eric Burns (not renewed)
* Joseph A. Cafasso (stepped down over allegations he over represented his military record)
* Kiran Chetry (now at CNN)
* Wesley Clark (now at NBC News as contributor)
* Todd Connor (not renewed)
* E. D. Hill (not renewed)
* Rita Cosby (was at MSNBC)
* Allison Costarene (former morning host)
* Catherine Crier (now at TruTV)
* Laurie Dhue (not renewed)
* Matt Drudge (runs www.drudgereport.com)
* Jon Du Pre
* Darby Dunn (now at CNBC)
* Jennifer Eccleston (now at CNN)
* Donna Fiducia (no longer active in cable news industry, went into Georgia real estate)
* David Folk Thomas (no longer active in cable news industry)
* Harold Ford, Jr. (now at MSNBC)
* Neal Gabler
* Karen Gibbs (previously a co-host of the now-defunct PBS program, Wall Week from 2002-2005)
* John Gibson
* Marc Lamont Hill
* Kit Hoover (now at TLC)
* Page Hopkins (left network 2008-09-26)
* Carol Iovanna (no longer active in cable news industry, runs production company)
* Mike Jerrick (now co-host of The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet)
* Greg Kelly (now at WNYW in New York City)
* Chris Knowles (joined WPIX)
* G. Gordon Liddy
* Robert Novak (deceased)
* Barbara Olson (killed on 9/11)
* Julian Phillips
* Rachel Marsden (contributor and Red Eye panelist; now a panelist on CNN's The Situation Room)
* Bill McCuddy
* Kim McIntyre
* Zell Miller
* Brigitte Quinn (left network 2008-09-26)
* Judith Regan
* Pat Sajak (game show host)
* Mike Schneider (no longer at Bloomberg Television)
* Laura Schwartz
* Bob Sellers (no longer at WTTG in Washington, DC)
* David Shuster (now at MSNBC and NBC News)
* Tony Snow (became White House Press Secretary, deceased)
* Collins Spencer (now a media consultant, last seen at WSB-TV in Atlanta, GA)
* Linda Vester (left to be a stay-at-home mom)
* Paula Zahn (was at CNN)

MAYBE YOU SHOULD FACT CHECK :lol:

Hehe, yes I understand your point Eric, but she DOES have her own show, which was the point I was trying to make...she's going to be a commentator hosting her own show, that stupid Real American Stories crap. It's not going to be as big as Hannity but it's still her own show. She's not just going to pop in once in a while like Ann Coulter and say something inflammatory to get ratings for her book from all the retards. She's going to be working FOR Fox News.

Beck started out on CNN, yes, but he was a commentator. He didn't have anything nearly as big as he does today on Fox.

Beck and Hannity are NOT journalists. They never even finished college...so your argument with whether they're fit for journalism in reference to those two would be that they are NOT. Could they host a show? Sure, but it's pretty disgusting that on a cable news network they'd let people who aren't even journalists have their own shows. Olbermann, Dobbs, etc. WOULD IN FACT be fit for journalism because they actually ARE journalists and i don't have any problem with them having their own shows. Hilarious enough as it is, the only people on Fox who have their own show that are in fact journalists are O'Reilly and Sarah Palin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember Hannity and Colmes? What's the difference between those two having their own show and, say, you and I having our own show? We're not journalists, yet according to Fox you don't have to be one to spew political commentary, much in the same way you and I are doing now. Are we qualified, professional political commentators? No, but neither are they. :lol: (Well, actually Colmes has a degree in broadcast journalism, so that means that the two biggest right-wing blowhards, Hannity and Beck, are also the two least-educated...big surprise there.) Even on Fox, the liberals are more educated than the Republicans. :lol: Oops, I forgot that there are no more liberals on Fox anymore.

I think there is a lot of money to be made as a conservative commentator.

I could do it, piece of cake.

Mmmm, I dunno. I dunno if you'd be able to keep a straight face while pandering to the idiots who would watch it. Beck doesn't even know what the hell he's doing...he's been caught lying on several occasions. Hannity is such a fucking whackjob that he claimed that waterboarding wasn't torture and that he would volunteer to be waterboarded to prove his point.

He still hasn't done it, though...probably because this guy did it and it changed his attitude towards it forever...and Mancow is probably even more whacked than Hannity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I often wonder if the Republican Party in the US realise that they are essentially one big joke to the rest of the world.