Satyricon-Nemesis Divina

^I thought Now, Diabolical had 3-4 great songs and the rest are just good. To The Mountains is the best of the lesser good songs.

I like all Satyricon offerings but Nemesis Divina stands out as a great album, a classic bm release that came out at the right time. For me black metal is more enjoyabl listening as whole albums rather than individual songs, and this is one of those bm albums that is great from start to finish.

I really like "Storm of the Destroyer". Satyricon should consider writing some more uptempo songs; having to wade through all that sludgy muck to get to the final track is sometimes a tedious task.
Me too, though I wasn't quite sure if that was a part of Now, Diabolical(wasn't it just a bonus track for Century Media releases?), I prefer Rite of The Cross to Storm of The Destroyer actually. Maybe Satyricon will make another Rebel Extravaganza type album, you never know, I'm really anticipating thier next release, even though I may have to wait until 2010 to get it, just like the time between Volcano and Now, Diabolical.:lol:

Nemesis is clearly their best work, kvlt-ish inclinations to cite their earlier stuff notwithstanding. Simply put - it is excellent Black Metal...that's all.

Next to "Dark Medievial Times", "Nemesis Divina" is imo, Satyricons best effort. The composition throughout this work is extraordinary. Might be the best guitar structure(chords and progressions) on any BM album I've heard. I'm always fascinated when listening to the guitar work.

i've played this album to death now, I'm ready to order Dsark Medieval Times now, I've gotten all of this album in and I know every order of riffs and all that stuff, I know what section is slow, fast, etc.. so I've really analyzed this album, which usually means it's almost time to go bakc into the CD case for a while. I'm enjpying Dawn of a New Age but jus tlistneing to it while I'm ont he computer isnt as enjoyable, it's a good CD to ride a long trip to.

Nemesis is clearly their best work, kvlt-ish inclinations to cite their earlier stuff notwithstanding. Simply put - it is excellent Black Metal...that's all.

Agreed.
I'd have to say Satyricon went downhill after Nemesis Divina...
Satyricon doesn't get much better than Forhekset & Nemesis Divina : D

^It does in Mother North and Dawn of a New Age :p :lol: Actually the songs are similar in enjoyment level and after repeated listens will you actully find your favorites. I'll be getting Dark Medieval Times soon and I'll know if I prefer it overt his.

^It does in Mother North and Dawn of a New Age :p :lol: Actually the songs are similar in enjoyment level and after repeated listens will you actully find your favorites. I'll be getting Dark Medieval Times soon and I'll know if I prefer it overt his.

Dark Medieval Times is like Satyricon's In the Nightside Eclipse, so knowing you, there's a chance you might like it better than the more complex Nemesis Divina.

^Possibly so, the songs I heard off Dark Medieval Times were great, Deep Castle in The Dark Forest and Dark Medeival Times. But does The Shadowthrone top Dark Medieval Timez? I heard Vikingland off of it and tohught that was great.

I prefer DMT to The Shadowthrone mainly due to the atmosphere, and my preference for medieval flares over folky melodies.

Nemesis Divina is indeed awesome. Satyricon is the only black metal band where I like everything. I really like the newer Satyricon albums also. I would probably say I have listened to Volcano and Now,Diabolical the most.

^KING, Now, Diabolical, and The Pentagram Burns(my entry song into the black metal world) are great songs. Repinded Bastard Nation off Volcano is great too. I'll be getting thier whole discography and I can't waint until the new albu, I read they're recording demos soon for it.