Satyricon-Nemesis Divina

I'll be getting thier whole discography and I can't waint until the new album, I read they're recording demos soon for it.

So soon? You know I'd love a new Satyricon album as much as anyone, but I'd rather they tour the US first before settling down to write another album.

Satyricon must be an awesome live experience. Has anyone here seen them live?

From 4.09 till like 5.00 when it fades out in Nemesis Divina is some of the best music I have heard. I remember when I first listened to it I kept on rewinding it to that part, now Im bored of it, but it still rules :headbang:

So soon? You know I'd love a new Satyricon album as much as anyone, but I'd rather they tour the US first before settling down to write another album.

Yeh I saw them about 8 months ago, it was awesome, i even enjoyed the songs I dont like on the records like fuel for hatred etc...
And they played a stack of older tunes because it was their first time here. Behind Slayer it remanins the best gig that I have ever seen :headbang:

Awesome, I'd love to see Satyricon, if I got the money at the time and they're coming near here, it is a must for me, seeing one of my favorite black metal bands is a must.

At Zephyrus: The news on Blabbermouth said thet extended their Roadrunner deal and that after they get done playing a couple Euro festivals they're going to a resort to record new album demos.

^I believe they're going To The Mountains! for the resort.(Anyone who has heard Now, Diabolical must surely understand the allusion/reference in here :lol:)

I bet they are going to record a nu metal album next.... sounds logical after the disaster of now borebonical.

Satyr certainly forgot how to create good&original music.

I almost consider Satyricon as two separate bands (pre-Nemesis and post-Nemesis). That way I can enjoy all their material without having to judge it against an era of their musical history when they were playing a different style.

^This is Armageddon, so melodic and so chaotic, that's what make old Satyricon great. And yes, they are like 2 totally different bands, but they've really put out some great stuff in both eras.

I just listened to it last night, and I really wished I could've set up incense and candles to enhance the experience; I was feeling incredibly pumped as soon as I heard those opening lines of "Dawn of a New Age". :kickass:

I've listened to black metal by campfire a few times this summer, under the stars. It's a great experience.

One of these days I'm going to sit in a cathedral and listen to Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice the whole way through.

I've listened to black metal by campfire a few times this summer, under the stars. It's a great experience.

One of these days I'm going to sit in a cathedral and listen to Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice the whole way through.

I've often seriously considered going outside at midnight and exploring the woods here in Arkansas while listening to some black metal, but it's kind of dangerous to do that around here.

Listening to Borknagar at the beach during the day is quite an experience.

Three times, including the gig at Wacken where they played 3-4 Darkthrone songs with Nocturno Culto on vocals. Satyr is a great frontman, working the crowd well and always says interesting things between songs. Frost is a brilliant drummer live as well as in the studio.

There is a live broadcast from swedish radio you could look for:

Satyricon-Live_In_Stockholm-Soundboard_Bootleg-2003-SS

I actually saw Satyricon in albany and had no idea who they were at the time and they were really good and if seeing them now knowing songs would have loved it.

I've often seriously considered going outside at midnight and exploring the woods here in Arkansas while listening to some black metal, but it's kind of dangerous to do that around here.

Listening to Borknagar at the beach during the day is quite an experience.
I go outside at night aorund 9-10 sometimes and just swing in my hammock-like thing in the dark underneath a tree, it's kinda like the gateway between light and darkness because I'm right next to my house which is light but I'm facing the trees and darkness around my house. I feel paranoid listneing to music on headphones at night if I'm walking around, dogs and coyotes are all inside the woods at night time yipping and barking.