savage curtain

anacrucix

aka Shredcaptain Matt
Jan 22, 2007
United Kingdom
i just got damnation game recently, sitting in my car, whenever this track comes on i just piss my self, seriously, what is it supposed to be about? do they have reall bad decor in the 'symphony x dungeon'. I just cant think of any reason they would write about curtains, they couldve written about dragons, or succubusss, or aliens, or sea monsters, or wizards, or witches, or harpys, or pirates, but instead they wrote about a savage curtain. Seriously how savage can a curtain be?

The curtain on the window next to the computer is very savage, it always jumps out and attacks me while I sit there typing... Actually, it's my sisters cat who hides behind the curtin and trys to attack me through the curtain... My mistake...

The curtain in this song is used in the meaning of stage performance.
Curtain is the end of a scene or the entire show and therefore:
''savage curtain closes in on you'' is like saying get your ass of the stage dillweed

I actually quite like the song... besides the title track, it was the first song I got into on the album. But yes, no song in existance can follow the edge of forever. :p

The curtain in this song is used in the meaning of stage performance.
Curtain is the end of a scene or the entire show and therefore:
''savage curtain closes in on you'' is like saying get your ass of the stage dillweed

nah why would the curtain be savage if it was in a stage setting, i think this is a monstrous curtain, that haunts michael romeo's dreams.

I believe the "curtain" is a metaphor. I haven't read the lyrics entirely but I'm willing to bet that the song isn't talking about a piece of cloth hanging from a rod in the literal sense. Kind of like the phrase "Curtain of night". It's not a literal curtain.

Besiege me not for what I am
a man with intent in the Devil's den
for I know not what to believe
yet mad I am not in trust I deceive
Radical alterations in my temper
grows worse day by day
I will offer you extreme opposition

Savage curtain closes in on you
but I do grieve the evident
behind this illusion

The fury of demons possessing me
my fiendish corruption will fill my need
every reason to fulfill my deed.
Have we not a perpetual inclination
to violate that witch is law merely
because we know it is to be?

behind this illusion

[Solo]
[/Solo]

behind this illusion

i cant see that theres even the slightest hint of it being a metaphorical curtain, im sticking with it being a real curtain, and it just being really poor lyrics. if only ask romeo wasnt locked, i could ask him and then we would all know the truth.

Also note the Edgar Allen Poe quote at the second verse.

The full quote would be "Have we not a perpetual inclination, in the teeth of our best judgment, to violate that which is Law, merely because we understand it to be such?". They have taken a few words out of it, of course, to better suit the song.

It's absolutely metaphorical. The entire song refers to a guy who's being enveloped by some evil force. He's metaphorically being covered by a savage curtain of evil.

How you could chalk this up to "poor lyrics" is beyond me.

It's absolutely metaphorical. The entire song refers to a guy who's being enveloped by some evil force. He's metaphorically being covered by a savage curtain of evil.

yeah and a curtain is something that is meant to block out the light, which often represents truth and goodness. So as you are wrapped up in this curtain of evil, you or blinded to the truth.

a minute ago you were saying it was about pantomimes