Save the planet!!! Stop global warming!!!

I can't believe no one has posted in this thread for such a long time :erk: .

Anyway, things are getting pretty nasty with the horrible dearth of rice that is going on right now.

Also, oil is now @ $115.

Finally, try using this:

http://www.ecoogler.com/

It's a Google-based engine, and every-time there's 10K searches they apparently plant a tree. They should do it with every 1k searches, but oh well at least they're helping out a lot IMO :) .

And Norwegians should stop killing whales. Funny thing that Norge is such a developed country but they're basically driving onto extinction the poor whales (with the help of the Jap bastards of course).

Takk, Norge:

kill2_16_m.jpg

norwayWhaling.jpg

Norwegian%20whaling%20pix%2003.jpg

Takk.

Well, we won't. And we should not stop taxing whales. Whales mainly eat krill, if we stop taxing whales, the main food-source of the cod and other important food fish will be gone, and then we will have real problems. Fish is the biggest moneymaker for Norway (not oil as many people think, oil is just a bonus, allthough a very big bonus), so as I'm sure you understand, we can simply not allow for the population of whales to get out of hand. Economic stabillity, peace, food on the table for everyone in our part of the world as well as a bright future by far outweighs the innuendos of Greenpeace, PETA and the political correctness of Hollywood.
Sure, we have a responsibillity to protect the environment, but being all romantic about it will never do anything for anyone or anything.

Ahhh finally the view of a Norwegian. It's interesting to notice your view, however; I think that you should let the whales be for a while.

I totally agree with you, Norge has a great balance between humans and nature. I remember going to Oslo and that I loved that fact that you took a train and in half an hour you were in the mountains :) . And Norge has a lot of trees and mountains, so it reminds me a of home (only without the 3rd-world stuff :p ).

Hmm..the only thing i do is to make sure to never leave electronics on when not using them i´m afraid. But hey,overall Sweden is probably number one in environmental questions.

^ That's great, you do more than most people I'm afraid :) .

Well you can recycle you know? Plant trees and stuff. But most of all, make other people aware of what's happening.

I mean, Costa Rica on one hand has really felt the effects of global warming. The seasons have been crazy, the Rainy Season started in April! It normally really starts around June so you know. It's been really crazy, it's horrible, simply horrible :erk: .

But as for myself, I recycle what I can, complain to the store if they use too much wrapping on the goods I buy, I tend not to buy stuff that have too many layers of plastic wrapping and such.
On the other hand, I play basses with exotic woods...

my bass is made with exotic woods too and even when I take care about the trash and recycling, on musical instruments the woods are very important; then my 'ecologic' thought dissapears.

I was thinkin on get a new bass, so I'll go to a well known luthier who will make it according my specifications. I'll choose the best woods for it, no matter if 1 or 2 trees of that kind left... :cry: that's the saddest truth.

But as for myself, I recycle what I can, complain to the store if they use too much wrapping on the goods I buy, I tend not to buy stuff that have too many layers of plastic wrapping and such.

I'm glad you do your part Erik :) . With the Bass I actually think it's better, because a bass made of wood is more environmental friendly because it's biodegradable. If you buy one made of plastic, who will you dispose of it when it's useless? And it pollutes a lot more to make one of plastic than one of wood.

Also, you can plant (at least) three trees in order to compensate the cutting of the ones for your bass.

Allfader, you should plant some trees in order to compensate, and you'll have a clean conscience :) .

What are those oil skins you mentioned Mattsson? :p

Also, you can plant (at least) three trees in order to compensate the cutting of the ones for your bass.

Well, the woods used in my basses are not exactly fresh out of the forest to put it that way... Woods used for instruments have to be very stable and therefore dried. Some luthiers use stock that has been in dry-storage for over a 100 years...
Also keep in mind that most of the wood from deforestation is used locally, for buildingmaterials and firewood (atleast in Africa). Most of the wood does not reach the shores of the western world. Even the exotic woods used on boats and for furniture has to have a stabilizing-period before its put into production, which in turn means problems logistically, i.e they cut them down way to fast for us to consume, which in turn means that the price for those rawmaterials go down because they have to sell locally, which means they have to cut down more and at an even faster pace....

Allfader, you should plant some trees in order to compensate, and you'll have a clean conscience :) .

Man, I should have picked up some tree cuttings for you all at a political rally I went to last week - some candidate was giving them out. The Evergreen State can never have too many evergreens. :lol:

I do my part by taking the bus; luckily we have a pretty good regional bus and commuter train system. I also recycle and the like.

However, the big thing I do is volunteer at one of the local animal shelters as a Feline Companion. Not really 'environmental' per se, but still definitely helping animals. Basically, I interact with cats who really need the socializing - I play with them, cuddle them, brush them, change their cat boxes and give them fresh water, clean them up (dirty cat butts :zombie:), tell potential customers about the different shelter cats we have up for adoption, and try to answer general cat questions. I don't have a pet of my own right now, and my current roommates are allergic to cats, so this is perfect!

No problem if u send me some Bubinga, Wenge, Swamp Ash and Mahogany seeds ^^

Can't you get those :p ?

Tyr said:
Well, the woods used in my basses are not exactly fresh out of the forest to put it that way... Woods used for instruments have to be very stable and therefore dried. Some luthiers use stock that has been in dry-storage for over a 100 years...
Also keep in mind that most of the wood from deforestation is used locally, for buildingmaterials and firewood (atleast in Africa). Most of the wood does not reach the shores of the western world. Even the exotic woods used on boats and for furniture has to have a stabilizing-period before its put into production, which in turn means problems logistically, i.e they cut them down way to fast for us to consume, which in turn means that the price for those rawmaterials go down because they have to sell locally, which means they have to cut down more and at an even faster pace....

Ok, didn't know that :rolleyes: . Did you ever sell that bass of yours?

Qu Appelle said:
Man, I should have picked up some tree cuttings for you all at a political rally I went to last week - some candidate was giving them out. The Evergreen State can never have too many evergreens.

I do my part by taking the bus; luckily we have a pretty good regional bus and commuter train system. I also recycle and the like.

However, the big thing I do is volunteer at one of the local animal shelters as a Feline Companion. Not really 'environmental' per se, but still definitely helping animals. Basically, I interact with cats who really need the socializing - I play with them, cuddle them, brush them, change their cat boxes and give them fresh water, clean them up (dirty cat butts ), tell potential customers about the different shelter cats we have up for adoption, and try to answer general cat questions. I don't have a pet of my own right now, and my current roommates are allergic to cats, so this is perfect!

*claps* I wish more people were like you (especially the ones of the Anthrax forum, what a bunch of ignorants). It's so awesome that you do that for the cats :kickass: . I'm a cat fan, so you know (though I don't have any too :erk: ).

Back to GW, when I go to the supermarket I usually take a bag made of fabric so I don't have to use too many plastic bags :) .

When I was 10 years old, I saw the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode that had the moral about the plastic rings that keep six packs of soda cans together. Michaelangelo tried to throw one away, and Leonardo stops him, explains to him that fish and turtles get their heads caught in them (with a cutscene actually showing it), and he slices up the plastic thingy with his katana. Ever since, without fail, I always cut up the plastic rings and throw them into the plastic bin. THANK YOU, NINJA TURTLES, FOR HELPING ME SAVE THE PLANET!!!

I can't believe no one has posted in this thread for such a long time :erk: .

Anyway, things are getting pretty nasty with the horrible dearth of rice that is going on right now.

Also, oil is now @ $115.

Finally, try using this:

http://www.ecoogler.com/

It's a Google-based engine, and every-time there's 10K searches they apparently plant a tree. They should do it with every 1k searches, but oh well at least they're helping out a lot IMO :) .

And Norwegians should stop killing whales. Funny thing that Norge is such a developed country but they're basically driving onto extinction the poor whales (with the help of the Jap bastards of course).

Eh Whale hunting (at least with Norway) is incredibly controlled and doesn't really have any major contribution to the extinction of Whales and probably does more good than bad really, for both the environment and their own economy as it's all balanced out pretty perfect. Should just be bitching at Japan mostly about it as they seem to kill for the sake of killing and raking in as much money as possible.

In the end, I've always recycled since an early age. I rarely use the car and always go to public transport or walking/cycling. I grow my own veg, and anything I cannot do myself tends to be bought from independent stores and farms (Fuck chains). Only piece of electronics I keep switched on for long periods of time is my PC, so I like to think I do my part for the environment.

I hate cats, but I always wanted to go into animal care when I was a child... for some reason I really can't stand animals these days, I've just grown an odd fear of them all. Instead I'm going into Social Care and Child Care, and hopefully going to become a Nurse. I'm a caring misanthrope :p

Well I don't have a car, so if I get a ride somewhere, it's usually in a friendships car, so the emissions are split between two people. I usually walk to University and back. I always put my rubbish in the bin, and my family recycles all plastics, paper etc. Gotta keep NZ clean and green.

Oh, and I don't have a car, never have, too expensive here with the car prices (the basic 2008 model of Audi A4 with no extras, starts out at $62 000USD (325000NOK)) and the gas prices is around $2.40USD (12NOK)), and with all the extra taxes on the usage of it, its a non-priority for me, I live in a city anyway...