SAXON 2007 TOUR

Well if the tour is postponed,I'll still be going to London for that weekend, because I can't cancel the night in the posh hotel now!

Hopefully it won't come to that! :)

Now here's a thing.Money has been tight as always so i have been delaying getting my ticket for rock city.About a month ago i was making sure they still had tickets ,i noticed another band playing that night.I did'nt think anything of until now.Guess what i brought my ticket last night.I wonder what will happen to Rose Tatoo.

"BUT NOW ITS NOBODY - ULTRA GUTTED, DEVASTATED AND BLOODY WEL RAGING."

Join the club! And even more disconcerting is that the email I sent to Saxon management asking why the gig was cancelled (using the email address on the Saxon website so it must be correct?) has bounced back.

I'm still going to Glasgow as the hotel and time off is booked. So know anywhere else some sad middle-aged rockers can have a good time that evening? :mad:

Go to the Solid Rock Bar in Hope Street in Glasgow, its just outside Central Station, the best pub in Glasgow, full of rockers (good lookin ones) and blasting out loads of top rock songs - yes even the mighty Saxon and Diamond Head songs. It'll be quite busy that night anyway cos Nine Inch Nails are playing at the Carling Academy, the gig is sold out, but if you like that band just ask at the bar and there's probably someone flogging tickets to the gig.

At least we know the score now. I thought it was the eagle that had got bird flu!!!

Sorry for those who have made travel/hotel arrangements which can't be undone.

Been lucky myself really, in 20 odd years of going to concerts it is the first time I've suffered a cancellation!

Yes I've been quite lucky as well - been going to concerts for at least 20 odd years as well and its only been the last year and a half when 3 bands have cancelled, the first one was Blackfoot, the second one Budgie and now Saxon - still when I think about it, thats 3 of my fav bands!!!!!

This has been advertised for a while mind you, are there more than one auditorium? We thought it was double booked when we saw it!

the ad says the whole place is being used so that probably means saxon would have had to finish at 10 as its a club night.seen a few bands there before who've finished at 10.oh well,just as long as the new dates not the same night as deep purple.

Strange about their choice of venue in Glasgow, thought they would have gone bigger? The last gig in Edinburgh was at Liquid Rooms which has a 1000 capacity and it was sold out as some of my mates couldn't get a ticket on the door that night. Was good timing that one as I had to work in Edinburgh that week and that was a rescheduled date as well!

Yeah I saw Saxon at the Liquid Rooms last October. I was lucky enough and mnaaged to get a ticket on ebay for £2.40!!!! Best £2.40 I ever spent. I'm sure my friend paid at the door though cos it was just one single ticket on ebay. I didn't think the Liquid Rooms was as big as that, cant really remember now but I wouldn't have thought it held as many as 1000. To me The Garage seems about double the size of the Liquid Rooms but I would have been udner the influence so not too sure lol - seeing Magnum at The Garage in May., so that will be cool!!!

Yeah I saw Saxon at the Liquid Rooms last October. I was lucky enough and mnaaged to get a ticket on ebay for £2.40!!!! Best £2.40 I ever spent. I'm sure my friend paid at the door though cos it was just one single ticket on ebay. I didn't think the Liquid Rooms was as big as that, cant really remember now but I wouldn't have thought it held as many as 1000. To me The Garage seems about double the size of the Liquid Rooms but I would have been udner the influence so not too sure lol - seeing Magnum at The Garage in May., so that will be cool!!!

I'm seeing Magnum at Rock City :)

Quote: "Go to the Solid Rock Bar in Hope Street in Glasgow, its just outside Central Station, the best pub in Glasgow, full of rockers (good lookin ones) and blasting out loads of top rock songs - yes even the mighty Saxon and Diamond Head songs."

Cheers :kickass: Princess - will take a look. Mind you, my hubbie might not be too pleased about me looking at other fit rockers. :mad: I suppose if we're listening to some decent rock songs that'll take some of the disappointment away.