SAXON 2007 TOUR

We could only make the Glasgow show and possibly the Manchester show which we may try and book for tomorrow (if they don't cancel that too), looks like I was never going to see the Tatts any way after 20 odd years of waiting!

No explanation as to why the Glasgow gig is off yet I see?

new web site , same problems
an offical websites purpose is to give the fans of the band up to the minite information about the band
finding out concerts have been cancelled via a forum is out of order and frankly amateur
get it sorted out for fucks sake ,people who lose money lose interest and subsiquently dont bother with the band anymore , i lost over 300 euros when the last tour was postponed as i was flying from spain where i lived to the uk for bradford and rock city,crusader747 take note !!!!!
for the love of god saxon DONT FUCK UP every thing that you have achieved these last few months
sympathy to our comrades over the border

So lets refresh our memories :ill: who is doing which gigs, I will be doing the following:

New Entry - Nottingham
London
Berlin

Hopefully meeting up with a few bods off here. :kickass:

Sad news about Glasgie !! Really feel for you, Princess and Mad Dan !!!

Provided they are not cancelled, I going to:

Manchester
Wolves
Nottingham
Cardiff
London
Hamburg
Berlin
Leipzig (hope my ticket is valid for the new venue !)
Munich
Osnabruck
Hardenburg

Can't wait for the Tour to start !!! :headbang: :headbang:

Cheers,

Goss

Gutted for Princess, Mad Dan and anyone else who was heading to the Glasgow show :cry:

I hope its a one off glitch in this leg of the tour, but I have to say I have a BAD feeling about this......................

Thanks for the messages of sympathy folks - I'm still in a state of shock at the concert being cancelled - ITS UNBELIEVABLE. I heard Princess of the Night and 747 yesterday on Planet Rock radio and I was just thinking that its only one more week to go till I see Saxon again and was getting well whipped up into a frenzy. Ultra disappointed!!!

I hope the rest of the tour isn't going to get cancelled, I too have got a bad feeling about this. I dont even know the reason why its cancelled, probably poor ticket sales. When I saw them last year at the Ferry, it was pretty well full and the Ferry probably holds somewhere between 400-500. The Garage is a lot bigger venue, not too sure the capacity, but probably nearer 1000, so maybe they didn't sell anywhere near enough tickets to make it worth their while coming north of the border.

They should reschedule for later on in the year and team up with Budgie, that way I get to see both of the bands that cancelled on me!!!!!

Take it you can't get to any of the other shows Princess. We have just booked for the Manchester show today after cancelling our accommodation in Glasgow , as we are about half way between the 2 cities.

Shame there is no explanation for the cancellation of our show, as It gives us little confidence in the rest of the tour.

I have seen Saxon in places which have had fewer people in than you'd expect at the Garage (Maryport Civic Hall in Cumbria !!??) when they went out of fashion for a while in the 90s.They seem more popular again now so you'd think there would have been enough interest.

No Rik it was only the Glasgow concert I was going to - I wish I'd made plans to take in another concert, at least that way I would have seen Saxon at least once!!!!!! Did you get your money back for your accommodation in Glasgow!

Matjeus - it looks like you'll have to wait until next year before you get a birthday drink off me lol!!!!!

I've e-mailed Ingo (THE WEBMASTER), Thomas (Manager) and the Garage Glasgow.

The Garage have responded with this as the reason:

Saxon have postponed their Garage gig due to ill health. They will be rescheduling for some time in April/May.

I would guess the whole tour will be postponed????

Fortunately Princess it was the Travel Lodge so there was no problem and we just re-booked another one in Manchester. As the tickets hadn't been despatched we were OK there too.

However, reading what Fingers has wrote I fear we may be doing more cancelling! of rooms, if they think they won't be fit for Wednesday We'll be lucky to see them on Sunday I'd say. Still nothing on their own website yet I notice.

That's good that you managed to get rebooked into another Travel Lodge Rick.

If the concert's been cancelled cos one of the band memebrs is ill, well I suppose things like that can't be helped and it might well be that there will be lots of other concerts getting cancelled as well. I was just raging at first cos I thought it had been cancelled due to poor ticket sales and it was very short notice.

If its going to be rescheled for April/May that fantastic news, as long as its not on the 1st of May cos I'm seeing Deep Purple then lol!!!

Saxon have postponed their Garage gig due to ill health. They will be rescheduling for some time in April/May.

I would guess the whole tour will be postponed????

Sorry to hear about the ill health.

Hope they let us know asap about the rest of the Tour. I have cancelled loads of other gigs which clash with Saxon (it is slap bang in the middle of a Karnataka Tour), and will need to reschedule them if the worst happens.

Cheers,

Goss.

i see the garage in glasgows site has already got an ad for the venues 13th birthday party on the date saxon was playing.thats suspiciously quick.

It really does seem the new website was a complete waste of time,it's the same old shit nothing new.We never get any news,it just looks a bit nicer.There are many bands of less stature that have great websites that really are a source of info on the band.Saxon really need to address this problem and now,it can be a really useful tool if it is run properly.Yes they may have a good excuse for cancelling dates but should'nt we be told first,at least we might be a bit more understanding.Many people on this board are shelling out a lot of dosh to go to various gigs on this tour me included.If it was'nt for the forum and the great people on here i probably would'nt even visit the website,as the forum is the only place to get any news.Ok rant over(for now):mad:

They will be rescheduling for some time in April/May.

Firstly whoever is struggling health wise get well soon :)

Looking at the tour dates and this is purely me speculating, if the whole UK tour needed to be postponed, there is a gap after the gig in Paris 30/3/07 until the tour resumes in Germany 12/04/07, which the British dates fit snuggly in to.

However to date tickets to all other UK gigs are still available???? Saxon / Webmaster / Thomas, please could you give us some information??

we have the
203e1b2dfc.gif
so we´ll be the first to be informed

i see the garage in glasgows site has already got an ad for the venues 13th birthday party on the date saxon was playing.thats suspiciously quick.

This has been advertised for a while mind you, are there more than one auditorium? We thought it was double booked when we saw it!

Ill health.. good heeling to the one(s) it concerns.. I hope its not Nigel Glockler his " old " injury that has come back.. In aposting a few days ago I read something about it (??)

Ill health.. good heeling to the one(s) it concerns.. I hope its not Nigel Glockler his " old " injury that has come back.. In aposting a few days ago I read something about it (??)

Well after the Sheffield gig, Nigel did say that he was having trouble with his shoulder...so it's not looking good, is it? :erk:

Mind you, that was 26th Jan...surely they have had time to arrange a replacement for Nigel, should one be needed (assuming it is him that is not well)