say something about what the forumer above you is listening to

Keep of kalessin= great, but reptile = shit

haven't listen to 'em for years (sadly):

Last edited by a moderator:
mr bungle is one of my favorites, well done video too, especially the 2nd half!

rockin Satyricon - Nemesis Divina

cheeseballs.

I've always liked chiptunes. Can't help it.

hahah chip-rock. More like, "no thanks, not my thing-rock" :D

Max told me about this band. I've decided they rule.

regarding Scenes From a Memory - that album was the second I ever bought of theirs and always will be my favorite. Like you said it was true to the musical styling and concept. I will never tire of it. Thought I still prefer The Silent Man for some weird reason, it's so simplistic but epic.

Katatonia - Ghost of the Sun

Finally sat down to listen to Steven Wilson's new solo album. Was hoping for good stuff since his last solo album was so great, but in the back of my mind, I knew that there was a chance it could follow the direction of the new, awful PT.

And the verdict... kinda shit. All his 'chances', his progressive proclivities, are totally stale and fall flat. It's very obvious what you're getting when you pick up a new Steve record: soulless melodrama, in-the-PC arrangements, and risk-taking that could've been a risk in 1966, but flat-out safe in this digital age.

In fact, Steven is kind of a hypocrite. He constantly laments this iPod-era of shuffled distraction and hard disks, while glorifying the analog past. Yet he composes entirely in Apple Logic, utilizes VSTs and Plug-ins for the majority of his studio experimentations, records digitally in his Mom's attic and on his laptop, and over-analyzes and edits every tiny nuance to the point of absolute sterility. Someone give this guy a tape deck so he can practice what he preaches.

That said, here's my favorite track.

That is really good, although I don't know how often I'd be able to play the entire album all the way through in one sitting.

Don't care about any of the stupid Ozzy vs Dio arguments (Dio is a better vocalist and lyricist at least), and I don't care if "Sabbath isn't Sabbath without Ozzy". This entire album was one of their best regardless. It's also pretty clear that this album and Dio (Rainbow) was a pretty big influence on Maiden.