say something about ... yourself!

The shitty part was coming out to find my truck had been broken into while I was inside. Goodbye CD player, goodbye longboard

Oddly enough, that was ALL they took. It had to be an ultra fast job because it was light out and I legitimately cannot think of anything else they could have taken.

Oh and they got the 75 cents or so out of my ashtray/coin jar.
That fucking sucks, Kev! Gah people these days. Atleast that stuff is replaceable.

That fucking sucks, Kev! Gah people these days. Atleast that stuff is replaceable.

I hope he got some bunk meth with the money he got for my shit. The longboard hurts the most. I used that thing virtually every day and it was pretty personal to me. The cd player is replaceable but that particular longboard is definitely not.

I hope he got some bunk meth with the money he got for my shit. The longboard hurts the most. I used that thing virtually every day and it was pretty personal to me. The cd player is replaceable but that particular longboard is definitely not.

D: Sucks. I hope you can find another longboard that was as awesome.

It was in the front seat, locked up like it should be. Leaving it at home isn't an option because I use(d) it so much.

Pump some iron!

I fucking hate Seattle. I love the area and have lived here since the early 90s but shit, I'm all about the South King County and Pierce County. I had to go to a client on Olive Way today and not only did I circle the goddamn block 20 times to find the building (damn you construction!), I had to pay $16 for 2 hours of parking.

Maybe I'm just not used to driving around Seattle since I avoid that place like the plague. Cool to walk around, shitty to drive in. I don't get how you can do it, Kevin.

Damn, that sucks Kevin. :( fucking thieves.

Also, HUGS Lesa* you look like you need one. :(

Been working on Daveeds drawing, can't promise much but I hope to be done by the end of the week! So far it has not been a dick, at least not as big of a dick as it was. hehhe. I still gotta hook up my scanner D:

just got a call from my dad - grandma is back at her assisted living apt, but he said that she's unable to swallow/do things on her own. He said the prognosis isn't good, and she's agreed on "no heroic measures" = no feeding tubes, life support.. so when I visit this weekend, it'll probably be the last time I see her alive.
Then there's a point where he was kinda pissed about what's happening to me atm, but he was kinda yelling at me over the phone, which made things worse...

Hmmm... it was covered I assume... that sucks ass. No clue when they did it?
Well I will admit it wasn't covered but really I don't think that's what prompted the guy to break in. It was most likely a culmination of everything he saw, or possibly the fact that he literally watched me walk into Studio Seven with a bunch of gear in my arms and knew I wouldn't be coming back in the immediate future. My truck was only parked there from about 6:00pm to 7:30pm, so it happened in that time frame.

Also, I don't really see anything beneficial about covering something so big like a longboard in the cabin of a small pickup. If a thief is looking inside my shit, he's going to be something big and covered and assume it's valuable, ultimately increasing the chance that he actually decides to break in. I don't think there's any way you could non-chalantly cover a longboard.

Lesson learned: Next time, keep the longboard behind my seats in the cabin (although he sifted through everything back there, too).

Pump some iron!

I fucking hate Seattle. I love the area and have lived here since the early 90s but shit, I'm all about the South King County and Pierce County. I had to go to a client on Olive Way today and not only did I circle the goddamn block 20 times to find the building (damn you construction!), I had to pay $16 for 2 hours of parking.

Maybe I'm just not used to driving around Seattle since I avoid that place like the plague. Cool to walk around, shitty to drive in. I don't get how you can do it, Kevin.

You get used to it. And part of getting used to it is knowing ahead of time that it's going to be fucked no matter what, so plan accordingly. Paying $16 to park for 2 hours is your own decision. There's plenty of street parking if you're willing to walk a couple blocks and plan ahead to spend time finding it, so you can't blame anyone but yourself for that expenditure :lol:

I agree it's terrible to drive downtown, especially with construction. Fortunately for me, my building is literally right off I-5 so I'm there once I take my exit. I've been working there for 8 years now so I know where to go and where to find free all day parking (residential part of west Capitol Hill). From there, I'd just ride my longboard (RIP) the rest of the way to work, which was maybe only 1/4 of a mile.

Also, if you lived there you wouldn't even need a car. I ride the bus to work half the time.

just got a call from my dad - grandma is back at her assisted living apt, but he said that she's unable to swallow/do things on her own. He said the prognosis isn't good, and she's agreed on "no heroic measures" = no feeding tubes, life support.. so when I visit this weekend, it'll probably be the last time I see her alive.
Then there's a point where he was kinda pissed about what's happening to me atm, but he was kinda yelling at me over the phone, which made things worse...

I'm sorry to hear that Lesa :erk:
I'm sending you some happy thoughts!!!!!