say something about ... yourself!

I was driving to work at 4:30am one day, and started REALLY zoning out. Saw a cop coming the other direction so made sure to slow down a bit. Then he just drove right through a stoplight. I saw that and just drove right through too. Wasn't till I looked in my rearview and saw that the lights were red did I realize what just happened. Damn lucky that day.

And yesterday I was going 55 in a 40 and passed a cop but didn't get pulled over, my luck is wearing thin.

Ironic. I just got a ticket in the mail with pictures of me running a red light. One of them stupid photo enforced traffic lights. I barely ran it and now I owe the city $124.

Many years ago I was driving on a big highway type road that had stop lights at intersections every few miles. The speed limit is 55 on this road because it's wide open and the lights are spread apart so far. So I'm driving with my friend, doing probably 60 and rockin out to some tunes when I look up and see the red light like 20 yards away. My life flashed before my eyes and in the instant I lifted my foot to slam on the brakes, the light turned green. I stopped moving my foot before it hit the pedal and cruised right through the green light. I felt like a champion after that.