say something about ... yourself!

Sorry to hear about your dad, John. That's rough :(

With any luck Derick and I are flying back to Texas tomorrow. I'm ready to go back, oh so ready. Braum's malts await!

i would go fuckin crazy if i couldn't joke about it, your dads got the right idea, did they catch it early?

Biopsy is tomorrow, I'm not sure what stage it is, but I know he is a stubborn bastard who has put off any kind of medical visit for many, many years.

Dan just send me a rough draft version of him singing on my AIC cover. This guy is so amazing it brings fucking tears to my eyes. I'm very very very lucky to have Dan willing to sing for me like this and it makes me want to really take my time and write the best song I can write, because frankly I'm not worthy.

Acording to my friend at TSA, all this new regulation stuff is mostly media panic-mongering. Each airport individually gets to decide if they are meeting all the current and new requirements, so in most cases nothing will change.

Ah good.
I was getting all worried... When I travel domestic I *always* have a carry-on only. (unless skiing, in which there is some ski gear to be sent)
But: I was getting worried that one idiot terrorist, who can't even detonate his own explosives, is causing panic. (e.g. 3oz. liquid bottles in a ziplock..... )

Glad you guys had no problems :) Now you have hours to kill at the airport- why aren't you at the bar????

It seems like every time I plan ahead for "added security" and what-not at the airports, I end up getting a HUGE portion of my book read while I kill all that extra time I never ended up needing :lol:

Also, a big positive at work today... I got a new mouse! This one's laser actually works and the scroll wheel is functional too! Ahhh the little things :)

I feel like if I was the sort of person interested in a suicide attack to kill about an airplane worth of people and shock and horrify the public, I'd just strap on a bomb and blow myself up at the security checkpoint during primetime, when 200 odd people would be queued up in a convenient crowd. In short, airport security seems like a pretty flawed concept to me.

Went for a run for the first time since my shoulder injury... Still really sore, doesn't like the shock on the asphalt, but ran back home and put on a shoulder brace, and all was well! Jeezes, I'm out of shape already!