say something about ... yourself!

I'm (begrudgingly) happy to say the FDA is shutting down the company that makes handlebars. I won't be able to take my drug of choice anymore, it'll be good for me in the long run.

Just went on a spontaneous late-night bike ride to the beach. It's the little things like this that make life worth waking up to.

Brooks you and your weird cleansing/diet routines. So tell me about this one.

Oh, nothing crazy. Just figured I could do with a little spring cleaning ;)

I was thinking about Michael Pollan's concise diet recommendation: "Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." which has become a bit of a fundamental eaters ethos round these parts.

It makes sense too: we're hunters, and like our meatz, but food is sometimes scarce. We're programmed to eat when food is available, and as much as possible to conserve for the next lull in the food supply. There is no lull in our wonderful western world, so we pack on the sugar and salt, the stuff that's scarce in nature, and as a result, get fat and lazy and stupid and american.

So I figure I'll do a week (maybe more?) of chomping on plants.

Last night I roasted some golden beets, and stir fried it's greens with some fork-crushed purple potatoes. Incredible.

prepare-golden-beets-200X200.jpg

2399246553_facc7df6b0.jpg

Just went on a spontaneous late-night bike ride to the beach. It's the little things like this that make life worth waking up to.

Oh, nothing crazy. Just figured I could do with a little spring cleaning ;)

I was thinking about Michael Pollan's concise diet recommendation: "Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." which has become a bit of a fundamental eaters ethos round these parts.

It makes sense too: we're hunters, and like our meatz, but food is sometimes scarce. We're programmed to eat when food is available, and as much as possible to conserve for the next lull in the food supply. There is no lull in our wonderful western world, so we pack on the sugar and salt, the stuff that's scarce in nature, and as a result, get fat and lazy and stupid and american.

So I figure I'll do a week (maybe more?) of chomping on plants.

Last night I roasted some golden beets, and stir fried it's greens with some fork-crushed purple potatoes. Incredible.

prepare-golden-beets-200X200.jpg

2399246553_facc7df6b0.jpg

I love his books, and when I read them (sorry for blowing self's horn) I was like: Oh look, I already do 90% of what he suggests! :lol:

I think that's awesome Brooks, carry on the good work!
The more you incorporate 'whole foods' in your diet, cut the preservatives and all that processed crap, it's really astonishing how you would feel the best you'd ever felt, look better and be better overall.
I haven't been sick in years and I swear by my healthy lifestyle :)

Yes officer, I swear. :rolleyes:

It was gross, I was all stuffed and my throat gave me that itchy feeling of coming down with something.. I hate that feeling. But hey, resting is the best medicine, and it worked. I was fine after a day or two.

Dec. 2009

Dammit... woke up sick I knew I was coming down with something on Saturday...
I haven't been sick in over 2 years... wtf.

Dec. 2008

I'm sick too... bah.
Got a terrible cold on Xmas day and now I sound like a dead frog.. :/

Dec. 2007

Im in bed with the laptop after taking NyQuil, and it's only 8:20 pm
I'm getting sick-ish

Dec. 2006

nah, i'm not too worried about new year's eve.... I just want to kick this flu in the balls so I can finally get some sleep and not to sound like a dead duck anymore

hahaha December is out to get Karen

Going to a beer tasting later on today with some friends in downtown. Hail the afternoon beer :kickass: