say something about ... yourself!

Math 'in public' has been the cause of many childhood traumas.
Edit: Well it was mostly the teachers' fault.

Math 'in public' has been the cause of many childhood traumas.
Edit: Well it was mostly the teachers' fault.

I can't help but wonder what WD thinks about this, as music and math are, in essence, of the same breed or closely related at the very least.

But yeah, it was because of my sixth grade teacher, whom I got a thrashing from every weekday for not doing my math homework properly, that I became the asshat I that am today.

Finding shit to blame your fuckedupedness on is always an idyllic pass-time, innit?

But yeah, it was because of my sixth grade teacher, whom I got a thrashing from every weekday for not doing my math homework properly, that I became the asshat I that am today.

Finding shit to blame your fuckedupedness on is always an idyllic pass-time, innit?

those consecutive posts of yours...

Yeah I wasn't feeling math much either haha. I took stat last semester and that was the only class that was hard for me but it wasn't impossible. I'm definitely not looking forward to next semester though; all the CA budget cuts to schools are making it hard for me to get classes that I want so I'm basically taking just a couple essential ones (2nd year english) and then picking random shit like a holistic health class and beginners guitar (hoping it's easy since I think I can play guitar pretty well since it's one of my other jobs outside of school to play rhythm/lead guitar in my band haha; they could always throw in stuff like finger picking and playing folk music though that would totally own me).

Bet you didn't see (Pauley) Perrette coming though:

CSH-046977.jpg

Yeah I wasn't feeling math much either haha. I took stat last semester and that was the only class that was hard for me but it wasn't impossible. I'm definitely not looking forward to next semester though; all the CA budget cuts to schools are making it hard for me to get classes that I want so I'm basically taking just a couple essential ones (2nd year english) and then picking random shit like a holistic health class and beginners guitar (hoping it's easy since I think I can play guitar pretty well since it's one of my other jobs outside of school to play rhythm/lead guitar in my band haha; they could always throw in stuff like finger picking and playing folk music though that would totally own me).

Be sure to ridicule holistic health if it's of the alternative medicine ilk.

Everyone gets shaken up by math in public. Fighter pilots always used to joke about it when figuring things out in the pre/debriefs...no one likes math in public. Then they ask you about your own system and whatnot and you have 8 fighter pilots in a briefing room all staring right at you, expecting a clear, concise, and accurate answer. The colonels and generals were always cool as fuck...it was always the captains and majors who were "major" dickheads.

It definitely steels you against having to do any public speaking or briefings for the rest of your life. If you can do it in a room full of Viper and Eagle pilots who are all cutthroat macho guys (and gals) with their gargantuan egos, you can speak in front of ANYONE. I'd feel more at ease giving POTUS a briefing than a fighter pilot. The trick always was to be absolutely confident in your abilities, and if you didn't know the answer, an "I'll get back to you on that one" would always suffice, so long as you really did get back to him. But still, to this day, math in public is never comfortable, hehe.