say something about ... yourself!

I never thought working with someone could be so irritating!

First he wants to speed up my first song to metalcore level. "Well, you know I was picking with triplets and that wouldn't really translate to the speed you want it in." "I'm sure you can think of a way to do it!"

-_-

I say fuck it, and write a new song at black metal pace. Tells me yeah, keep this one! Then he decides he wants to slow that one down to metalcore level. "Like this song" *link to absolute shit* Not even good metalcore.

I'm wondering to myself now, is it worth it? Is free studio time and having a bassist and another guitarist playing the material I wrote worth it if in the back of my mind I hate the changes this guy wants me to make all the time.

damn i can't get over how ridiculous no explode is. before i was lifting without any supplements and wasn't too big but was strong (can't be bulky if i'm teaching and doing muay thai or i'd be slow) but now with this i'm bulking up so fast its insane. today i pumped my ipod full of dying fetus and did shoulders and was shoulder pressing a 45 in each hand for 12 reps without even hitting my wall. no one needs to be this strong unless they're a fucking spartan.

also welcome to the world of being in a band john; its hard to see all the shit that goes on behind the veil until you're actually in a band. dealing with people is almost impossible. I had to work 2 jobs and go to school to pay for our album (i paid literally 3/4ths of it, wrote the whole thing, performed every instrument but drum and bass) and the guys hardly ever put anything toward it and just hindered the process. it may suck but once you have your own style, a cohesive album, can play good shows and have fans it becomes worth it. we're playing with suffocation in late october and i couldn't be more happy about it plus we have 2 labels that will release our album; you just need to stick it out to get to the shit that makes it worth it.

I never thought working with someone could be so irritating!

First he wants to speed up my first song to metalcore level. "Well, you know I was picking with triplets and that wouldn't really translate to the speed you want it in." "I'm sure you can think of a way to do it!"

-_-

I say fuck it, and write a new song at black metal pace. Tells me yeah, keep this one! Then he decides he wants to slow that one down to metalcore level. "Like this song" *link to absolute shit* Not even good metalcore.

I'm wondering to myself now, is it worth it? Is free studio time and having a bassist and another guitarist playing the material I wrote worth it if in the back of my mind I hate the changes this guy wants me to make all the time.

This is why a band needs a leader. As long as you are that leader, you have the final say. You can listen to their ideas and try them, but at the end of the day if it's just not working for you then you have to put your foot down. If they can't understand this, then maybe it's best to continue on your own.

This is why a band needs a leader. As long as you are that leader, you have the final say. You can listen to their ideas and try them, but at the end of the day if it's just not working for you then you have to put your foot down. If they can't understand this, then maybe it's best to continue on your own.

that is true and thats the way it is with my band but you have to be careful; even if what you're doing has good intentions to just push the band if the guys feel too alienated it can come back to bite you in the ass. animosity, not enough dedication, more prevalent band fights; the main thing is to basically know what the goal of what you're doing is and find a way to get everyone to agree to it and make sure you put the most into the band so when it comes down to final say, you're the one whos been funding the band, pushing the band, and really caring about it and everyone else will realize that and hopefully follow through with the good plan and get more involved themselves.

i had to pay about 3/4ths of our new album and do all the work like i said before but at the end the guys really started to notice when shit was getting fucked up and they all started contributing and really taking an interest where before they seemed pretty on and off apathetic. if you try controlling too much or get an ego where you aren't open to ideas (which i'm not saying you're suggesting but some people do it) then shit can get bad; even if i'm basically being the catalyst to get shit done i always am open to whatever ideas because pretending i know everything is just egotistical, stupid and counterproductive.

So I saw Blind Guardian last night. Not exaggerating when I say it was the best gig I've ever been to, the setlist was almost perfect, would've been nice to hear Somewhere Far Beyond or Another Holy War. But I can't complain about this.

Sacred Worlds
Welcome To Dying
Born In A Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)
Traveler In Time
Valhalla
Lord Of The Rings
This Will Never End
A Voice in the Dark
Mirror Mirror

Encore:
Punishment Divine
The Bard's Song (In The Forest)
Wheel of Time
Imaginations From The Other Side

yeah glad to see they still do nightfall, I thought I read that Hansi wanted to do songs from that album again. And they played the best songs from the new album, especially if they had played ride into obsession :kickass:

I am probably going to go see them in November at the Palladium.

I just completely flashed Andrew's vocalist. All I know is I woke up, it's hot, i went in one room (nobody here), took off shirt, walked out aaand Justice is on the couch. Apparently, he was going with him to class today. @_@

Like a 7 because he's also a babe. :eek:
The funny thing is I actually don't think there's anything wrong with women being topless. What's so horrible about breasts?

And yet I about died this morning for accidental flashage...it's really silly

Haha, that's a good way of thinking about it, David