say something about ... yourself!

Im going to be singing in a cover/original band.
All heavy/power metal stuff.
I want to do a King Diamond song, but im not sure which one.
what would be a couple good King Diamond songs that if you heard live you'd shit your pants?

g-g-g-grandmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

For sure. To name a few:

Halloween
Behind these Walls
Shrine
Sleepless Nights
"Loa" House
Bye, Bye, Missy
The 7th day of July 1777

Fuck, so many good songs. Honestly though, I'd flip to hear Crossroads live (aka Gypsy redux), but that's Mercyful Fate.

Im going to be singing in a cover/original band.
All heavy/power metal stuff.
I want to do a King Diamond song, but im not sure which one.
what would be a couple good King Diamond songs that if you heard live you'd shit your pants?

I wouldn't, literally.

Melissa/Come to the Sabbath/Is That You, Melissa?
Black Funeral
Halloween
Desecration of Souls
A Corpse Without Soul
Shrine
The Lady in Black
No Presents for Christmas

I wouldn't, literally.

Melissa/Come to the Sabbath/Is That You, Melissa?
Black Funeral
Halloween
Desecration of Souls
A Corpse Without Soul
Shrine
The Lady in Black
No Presents for Christmas

If he literally meant "any song that King Diamond was a part of" and not just the King Diamond band, those are all good, but some were always played live already. One song that I've never heard live, that is probably the best song off of DBtO would be The Oath.

If he literally meant "any song that King Diamond was a part of" and not just the King Diamond band, those are all good, but some were always played live already. One song that I've never heard live, that is probably the best song off of DBtO would be The Oath.

It looks like it was on the last Mercyful Fate tour:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mercyful-fate/1999/teatro-providencia-santiago-chile-5bd7d788.html

But, it hasn't generally been played by King Diamond "band" since 1988:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-diamond/1988/uptown-theater-kansas-city-mo-1bd29990.html

From that album, The Oath is the third most often played song by either of them. If I could only pick one, I would want Come to the Sabbath even though it is played twice as often (almost always).

If you're looking for rare, Is That You, Melissa is the one that is rarely played on my list and I don't think Shrine has ever been played live.

I don't personally consider popularity to be an interesting criteria. I picked those tracks because they were ones that I like, I consider them "fan favorites," and they each have interesting and difficult vocals.

I have a question for Dead Winter or one of the more historically knowledgable guys on the forum.

I've spent a lot of time in the last year reading about European history but the Celts still kind of confuse me. How are Britains, or you know, the native English before the Saxons invaded, the Irish, etc, how can they be celtic when they're seperated from mainlaind Europe? Celtic is just a broad term for people with similar cultures and languages right? Should Britains be considered a seperate people from mainlaind Celts like the Swiss?