say something about ... yourself!

Is not one to spend loads of money on myself. But recent developments in my body have left my face either REALLY dry, or REALLY oily, or BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. So I wandered to Clinique in the mall, and let them do all this shit to my face. I'd say it was a haul. There are like... fifteen steps involved in this skin care routine. I was just planning on getting this lovely yellow moisturizer, but was coerced into getting the entire thing.

I felt retarded because I felt guilty for spending like $95.00 on all these moisturizers and washes and toners and all of this, but I just washed my face, granted it took... hmm... like ten minutes instead of three, but my skin feels so nice and soft, not dry, not oily.

Maybe it's just me convincing myself. But, mmm. Okay I am not entirely sure why I had to share that, but I am really pleased with the first purchase I have made for myself over $30 at one time. But none of it smells nice! I suppose that's good though. It doesn't smell at all!

I use their skin care products, I like 'em a lot. I ordered some makeup last week and got tons and tons of free stuff with it, their blush is the only kind I use and the eyeliner is worth the price. The only thing I've found that's better than Clinique is Dior, the Capture Totale stuff is like gold in a bottle. And about the same price. :erk: I'm glad you treated yourself to some "you" stuff, it's good to splurge once in a while. And your skin will be so purty.

I'm glad you're safe Samantha!

Yeah, Cara I am for the most part a soap and moisturizer person, so I haven't tried toners of any other brand at all other than this Clinique stuff. But something tells me... it really can't be all that different. I think what was so helpful was how one of the people behind the counter really helped me pick out the right product for my skin type and such. So I am really using the right things. I mean it's all so complicated for... washing one's face.

But so far I have actually noticed a difference, my skin is all soft, and my complexion is more even. It just feels nice :) So far I'd say it's worth it.

might be a personal question here and if so i mean no harmmmms but when did you get pregnant? :eek:

oh. i havent been reading this forum for awhile; been busy. so i'm playing catchup.

I'm so god damn stressed out I feel like I could explode. I wish there was some kind of off button for it, it's a useless thing that serves no purpose other than driving me crazy.

I used to have big problems with stress in the past, also to the point where it's been affecting my health (in various ways). It still occurs but working out heavily and regular has helped me a lot. For me, it's the best stress relief with sex coming close behind...