say something about ... yourself!

to be honest ive only seen the firefly movie but it earned a giant MEH so i just kinda applied that to the show and i like to say disparaging things about shows/etc that people are into.

Well, if I said I loved the show and thought the movie was crap, would that help? Fuckin stupid movie. All they had to do was make a 2 hour episode of the show and I would have jizzed myself and seen it five times. Instead they tried to tie up seasons worth of plot.

How is season 3 of Weeds btw? I'm only caught up the the big finale of season 2.

I'm on the last episode of Season 3, and each season gets better as it goes.

season 3 keeps the insanity that started mid-season 2 (how fuckin crazy is that finale?) with more grow troubles, more gang troubles, biker troubles, friend troubles, everything troubles! i love this show, new season starts in june!

5d5kb7.png

That choice cut new york steak I bought today will be cooked this way (medium):

Place 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Bring steak(s) to room temperature.

When oven reaches temperature, remove pan and place on range over high heat. Coat steak lightly with oil and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt. Grind on black pepper to taste.

Immediately place steak in the middle of hot, dry pan. Cook 30 seconds without moving. Turn with tongs and cook another 30 seconds, then put the pan straight into the oven for 2 minutes. Flip steak and cook for another 2 minutes. (This time is for medium rare steaks. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.)

Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 2 minutes. Serve whole or slice thin and fan onto plate.

Thank you, Alton Brown.

Just found out that they're having the first season of Firefly on hulu.com, so I'm gonna give this a shot since I tricked hulu into collaboration.

Was going to bake up some of the pre-made sugar cookie dough we have in the freezer. But, I realized it was frozen more solid than I had expected.

So...I made yummer almond cookies from scratch instead! :headbang:

DSC07899.jpg