say something about ... yourself!

I really don't trust my shitty car to go to the Galleria everyday. @ Cara

Dunno what Spencers is but record shops sound like a good idea!

Spencers is a lot like Hot Topics, but not so 'scene' perhaps. They sell band tshirts, posters, and a lot of other random things. I never worked at a Spencers, but Spirit is a part of them and was ran much the way a regular store was. And I have a lot of fun.

So as some of you may be aware of, I've been off work for the last 5 weeks (as of tomorrow) with no wage compensation. Well this last week has been a complete mess. I've had to borrow funds from my parents in order to make ends meet. I absolutely despise borrowing money, because I know that the likeliness that I'll be able to pay them back promptly is slim. It's great to have parents to help you out, but I feel like I'm being rescued, and being a 20 year old male living on his own, that's definitely not something I like.

So anyways, I've been trying to go back to work this past week, but not only has my boss been ignoring my attempts to speak with him even though he's been posting on the schedule at work for me to talk to him, some of the other bartenders have been telling me to seek other means of employment, out of warning. Now I know the boss wouldn't fire me, that wouldn't be his way, but for the past month the bar has been managing fine without me, and no one is really getting any extra hours. I injured myself at the worst time possible, right when the bar was becoming self-manageable, and everyone was beginning to know what they were doing, meaning they could slowly cut shifts without problems arising. Well now with that in mind, that means hours have been cut for the bartenders currently working there, even without me. With me trying to come back, that would only cause more cuts on hours, and the bar manager has expressed her... discontent for the likes of me coming back.

This injury came at another crucial time. I've been getting ready to sell my apartment and buy a townhouse. Of course, this doesn't work very well when there is no income.

Who knows. Maybe I'm just making assumptions, and things may be fine in a week or two. It pains me to think that after all the praise I get from customers and fellow employees, I could be loosing my job which in turn means loosing my house, all because someone wants more hours. I know I'm a great bartender, I get praise daily from customers. Obviously that isn't enough sometimes.

Best get a resume going just in case I guess.

Hope everything works out for you, Tyler. Uncertainty can be a giant pain in the butt.
kiss.gif

Is on an insane 5 mg of xanax and applying for jobs furiously. Fuck life, I'm not going to whimper in defeat.

By the way Staind is such a great band. I'm so glad I'm not a narrow-minded cunt. Tormented is so heavy and raw!

Holy fuck does Agalloch put on a great show... well worth the many hours on the fucking bus!

Plus I won 20 bucks on a scratch off lottery ticket on the way back, FUCK YEAH!

Cool cause I'm seeing them this weekend...

IN GERMANY

Honestly, after seeing them in a small club, I wouldn't want it any different. As great as the show was, I don't think it could be as good on a big stage.

On the other hand, you're seeing one of the greatest lineups ever... so go suck a cock.