say something about ... yourself!

actual conversation:

Old Man - "Hey... I opened up this devastator accidentally, but I wanted a cream stout, drink this."
Me - "Wasn't planning on drinking anything tonight, but one won't hurt..."
15 minutes later
Old Man - "Hey... I did it again, drink this"

At this rate I'm gonna be trashed in 15 more minutes...

Your dad = awesome.

The 2-kid tard home first, but back to the tard factory later on. The place I worked at before is changing their rules, and allowing licensed staff on their registry (Relief staff, we set our own hours.) The guy who RUNS the registry said he's doing it specifically FOR me. I feel special. I apologize for the comment, but it's a sensitive topic.

I'd like to work with retarded kids...seriously. Were you a psychiatrist or psychologist, Captain?

Reminds me of ole' Danny. The neighborhood kids out in redneck town would play baseball and he'd just stand there with his glove watching them. So I bought him skittles and we played video games one day. Actually he had down syndrome and I couldn't understand a word he said to me.

... I'm a bit young for ether one. Both require a doctorate, and psychiatry requires medical school.

"In California, Psychiatric Technician is a state-licensed nursing discipline focusing on the care of people with mental illnesses and/or developmental disabilities (such as mental retardation, autism, epilepsy and cerebral palsy). The license category is parallel to Licensed Vocational Nurse, which is California's term for what other states call Licensed Practical Nurse. The distinction is Psychiatric Technicians have more education and training in mental and developmental disabilities while LVNs have additional training in general nursing, ob-gyn and pediatrics."

And we get paid $4,000+ a month to do it if we work at a state facility.

Today was a weird day. I actually only worked a few hours, then spent the next couple of hours at work doing a computer course that new hires have to take. There's a fake register and everything, and it's just a series of fake transactions. Didn't finish it today though, as there was a fake coupon I had to use in one of the fake transactions, and I couldn't find any of the fake coupons. It was almost 5:00, and the manager was in a meeting, so I just left off there. It's kind of pointless, as I've already been on the registers for over a month and know exactly what I'm doing, but I still have to do this :bah:

In other news, my stomach hurts from impending chunkage, my head hurts from the monster zit on my forehead, and I'm still kinda disappointed that my doggie was gone. BLAH.

How much college did it require? Was it hard?
3 semesters at 15+ credits each, and pre-requisites, so, 2 years at least. And yes, it was. 1/3 our class dropped by the end.

Today was a weird day. I actually only worked a few hours, then spent the next couple of hours at work doing a computer course that new hires have to take. There's a fake register and everything, and it's just a series of fake transactions. Didn't finish it today though, as there was a fake coupon I had to use in one of the fake transactions, and I couldn't find any of the fake coupons. It was almost 5:00, and the manager was in a meeting, so I just left off there. It's kind of pointless, as I've already been on the registers for over a month and know exactly what I'm doing, but I still have to do this :bah:

In other news, my stomach hurts from impending chunkage, my head hurts from the monster zit on my forehead, and I'm still kinda disappointed that my doggie was gone. BLAH.

Hope you feel better, and the other pup is a suitable replacement. Did current doggy get a good home? I do hope so.

3 semesters at 15+ credits each, and pre-requisites, so, 2 years at least. And yes, it was. 1/3 our class dropped by the end.

Hope you feel better, and the other pup is a suitable replacement. Did current doggy get a good home? I do hope so.

Thankee, once Derick is done bathing I shall take a bath myself.

Well I can only hope the puppy got a good home, but at the pound they don't really care who takes what, unfortunately. It seems Derick and my mother would rather us get a terrier mutt over the heeler, as the heeler may have too much of a tendency to chase cats. This terrier I speak of urinated everywhere when it saw me today :lol:

I am contemplating psychology. As of right now I am an art history major/arts management major with plans on becoming a professor. But... am 3 credits short of being able to say art history/psychology major. I like a fool pay extra to take more credits each semester.

If I just stay as art history and arts management double major I could graduate in two semesters instead of four more... but if I am now starting to feel like perhaps psychology is what I really want to do.

Ahhhh I don't know what to do!

It's strange, I love both things, and I'd love to teach art history, I can definitely see myself doing that, but I don't feel as though it'd be helping people the way being a therapist would. ::le sigh:: I don't know.

Only be a psychologist if you can handle people and their serious problems. The running joke is, in the mental field, the professionals are worse than the patients, they just get paid to use it to their advantage.

Edit: I'm living proof of that.

Thankee, once Derick is done bathing I shall take a bath myself.

Well I can only hope the puppy got a good home, but at the pound they don't really care who takes what, unfortunately. It seems Derick and my mother would rather us get a terrier mutt over the heeler, as the heeler may have too much of a tendency to chase cats. This terrier I speak of urinated everywhere when it saw me today :lol:
A little potty training should help the anxiety, but I see where you're coming from, too. :)

Oh we definitely should Emily :)

Yeah David... I can definitely handle it. I have done a bunch of internship like fieldwork, and actually got punched in the face by a kid who was in a psychotic state and had run down a hallway toward where I was speaking to one of my professors. I would definitely want to work with children, and would take many more punches and slaps in the name of helping them.

I am contemplating psychology. As of right now I am an art history major/arts management major with plans on becoming a professor. But... am 3 credits short of being able to say art history/psychology major. I like a fool pay extra to take more credits each semester.

If I just stay as art history and arts management double major I could graduate in two semesters instead of four more... but if I am now starting to feel like perhaps psychology is what I really want to do.

Ahhhh I don't know what to do!

It's strange, I love both things, and I'd love to teach art history, I can definitely see myself doing that, but I don't feel as though it'd be helping people the way being a therapist would. ::le sigh:: I don't know.

Art history...that's a beautiful thing...I hope you follow through....I know it's tough with the ecnomy the way it is....arts are first to be cut....but that is such a gratifying job...I hope it works for you...it didn't for me.