say something about ... yourself!

For a lot of places you really gotta persist. Keep going back and asking about your application. I found that even if they have "Now Hiring" signs in front, usually they're not going to move a finger unless you keep bothering them. Its really only the rare desperate place that will actually call you soon after you apply.

Ugh, I was worried about that. More awkwardness today.

I did find something interesting though. A telemarketing company had a flier that says call to schedule interview, which means straight to interview...Might try it.

90% of jobs DON'T get posted.

Make a list of places you WANT to work, then walk in their door and find if they're hiring. If they are, drop an app. If they're not, drop one anyway. You'll be better off working somewhere you like.

So you can grow to hate it ;)

If you ever want to work at one specific place, and you know that you're cut out for the job, it's just a matter of annoying them so much that they end up either hiring you, or filing a restraining order.

I'm pissed off right now because the flat upstairs have asked me to turn my amp down, and I have.
This itself is not bad but when you consider that they routinely play stupid karaoke games with horrible whiney bitches until 3 in the morning on weekday nights it is.

He claimed that he has exams on friday and needs to revise (I'll play ball on this one and be really quiet), I also have exams coming up on Wednesday (next week) so this weekend when they will be trying to celebrate the end of their exams I will revel in being all over them if they make any noise whatsoever.