say something about ... yourself!

DAMN it's hard to scroll past those pictures of Stacy to the bottom of the thread without stopping for at least a few seconds.

4gb is always better. I wish they would tell you what number the Core 2 Duo is. T7700, T8300, T9300, etc.

When you get it, maybe it'll say. It'll be a fast little booger though.

Edit: At 2.4 GHz, you're PROBABLY using a T8300 with 3MB L2 cache. Not that you'd care, but us tech dicks like to know these things. ;)

Got to save the lunch I had brought to work today for tomorrow! They were having a potluck lunch for all the people who have a birthday this month. Apparently they do this every month for the birthdays. I felt kinda bad taking food when I hadn't brought anything to contribute, but my boss insisted, and I waited about an hour after the majority of everyone had gotten into it. Free lunch :kickass:

Also, my boss passed out a little note to everyone in my department, just reminding us to have fun while we work, to play a little bit. Wtf? My job rocks. Free food, boss telling us to play, Dr. Seuss characters all over the walls. Good times!

Got to save the lunch I had brought to work today for tomorrow! They were having a potluck lunch for all the people who have a birthday this month. Apparently they do this every month for the birthdays. I felt kinda bad taking food when I hadn't brought anything to contribute, but my boss insisted, and I waited about an hour after the majority of everyone had gotten into it. Free lunch :kickass:

Also, my boss passed out a little note to everyone in my department, just reminding us to have fun while we work, to play a little bit. Wtf? My job rocks. Free food, boss telling us to play, Dr. Seuss characters all over the walls. Good times!
Play like how though? Sing and dance as you fax?

Make origami out of old post-it notes?

Isn't it amazing how differently work places can be run? Why can't everyone just be cool all the time and not deal with bullshit? Seems so much easier.

Glad you got a job you like Cara :)

Isn't it amazing how differently work places can be run? Why can't everyone just be cool all the time and not deal with bullshit? Seems so much easier.

Glad you got a job you like Cara :)

Thanks! Yeah it is pretty gaymazing. Even the other departments in the building seem really laid back, at least when I walk through them to get to the copy room.

I'm doing a little more than pulling staples now haha. Now they've got me working at the computer, formatting cover sheets for files. Part of that is double-checking the contents of the files to be sure that all staples are removed and blah blah blah. Much to my surprise, I've been catching a lot of things that have been missed. People are playing too much :p

4gb is always better. I wish they would tell you what number the Core 2 Duo is. T7700, T8300, T9300, etc.

I don't know, I'm not that much of a RAM-king. 2gb are plenty for my macbook pro. I can run Photoshop (with two 10 meg files open), Indesign with two files open, ichat, yahoo messenger, skype open, openoffice, firefox (with shitloads of tabs open), and thunderbird, and itunes playing music without any significant slowdown for 7 hours or so. I never saw the use of 4gbs yet, especially on a mac. Although 4gb might be a way to make it last longer down the road ( in terms of performance with newer aps)

4 GB is better even if you don't use it. It's like having a car that can go 200. You might never get there, but god damnit, you look at the right side of the speedometer, and smile knowingly.

I love jobs like that! My X boyfriend used to have one where the boss got everyone pizza or subs every single Friday! And those company pic nicks, with ribs, chicken and crabs! And I got to go! lol. The food was soooo good!

WHOOT! Grats Cara! It sounds like it just keeps getting better and better!

I love jobs like that! My X boyfriend used to have one where the boss got everyone pizza or subs every single Friday! And those company pic nicks, with ribs, chicken and crabs! And I got to go! lol. The food was soooo good!

WHOOT! Grats Cara! It sounds like it just keeps getting better and better!

Spanks, Shannon!

Oh fart, I'm really sleepy. I wasn't sleepy at my desk today, but when I was eating lunch I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was half eating, half sleeping :lol: