say something about ... yourself!

I don't know, I'm not that much of a RAM-king. 2gb are plenty for my macbook pro. I can run Photoshop (with two 10 meg files open), Indesign with two files open, ichat, yahoo messenger, skype open, openoffice, firefox (with shitloads of tabs open), and thunderbird, and itunes playing music without any significant slowdown for 7 hours or so. I never saw the use of 4gbs yet, especially on a mac. Although 4gb might be a way to make it last longer down the road ( in terms of performance with newer aps)

Anything that makes the computer less obsolete a few months down the road is going to help. Just look at how recently 1GB was plenty for everything.

2GB is still good, but you just might as well go 4GB and not have to worry about it for a while. Nobody can complain about having too much RAM.

Jeff

PC has 6GB, Because I bought 2x2Gb and didn't want to give up my old 2x1GB sticks. So, I put them back in. They all have the same timing capability too for easy overvolting. :heh:

Case: Antec P182
PSU: Corsair HX520W
Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro
CPU: E8400 (O.C. to 3.6)
Heatsink: OCZ Vendetta 2 (with the Xigmatek bolt-through kit)
GPU: GTX 260
RAM: 2x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
Sound: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Reusing the HDD and optical from my old system

Same PSU, and same CPU, but I fear Overclockery. My fan is basically the same too, 120mm, exposed pipe, etc. What do you idle at?

Use Realtemp, 8400s have unusual core thermometers and it accounts for that. I idle about 39ish. I think I greased incorrectly.

I must say, its cool to be able to go to a show and just run into friendly people I know. This may not seem very remarkable too a lot of you folks, but this was not the case for me with shows in RI and MA.