say something about ... yourself!

The "Death By Decibels Tour" stopped in Louisville tonight, but with one small problem: only Kataklysm and Arsis were allowed to play, with support from some VERY shitty local bands. I basically spent the whole night hanging around the venue talking to Obsidian C. from Keep of Kalessin and the various members of Eluveitie about how much the local promoter should be beaten and flayed, and otherwise about how much I enjoy their music. I kept offering to buy the Eluveitie folks a round, but they politely turned me down. So the Euro bands had to drive here for no reason, and they have to drive up to Toronto tomorrow with even less money than before.

Next time they play in the States, I'm buying them drinks and there's nothing they can do about it. :p

Those are the best kind of cheetos!

Well it's cool that you got to hang out with Eluveitie.

Aye, and considering how chill they were despite being pissed off, I can only imagine how much more infinitely cool they would have been if they had actually been able to play and then came out to celebrate with everyone!

Also, an older female friend of mine kept hitting on the singer, and got on their bus, where oral sex may or may not have happened. Given how unattractive both of them are, I'm pretty sure I don't want to know. :lol:

Aye, and considering how chill they were despite being pissed off, I can only imagine how much more infinitely cool they would have been if they had actually been able to play and then came out to celebrate with everyone!

Also, an older female friend of mine kept hitting on the singer, and got on their bus, where oral sex may or may not have happened. Given how unattractive both of them are, I'm pretty sure I don't want to know. :lol:

:lol:

The "Death By Decibels Tour" stopped in Louisville tonight, but with one small problem: only Kataklysm and Arsis were allowed to play, with support from some VERY shitty local bands. I basically spent the whole night hanging around the venue talking to Obsidian C. from Keep of Kalessin and the various members of Eluveitie about how much the local promoter should be beaten and flayed, and otherwise about how much I enjoy their music. I kept offering to buy the Eluveitie folks a round, but they politely turned me down. So the Euro bands had to drive here for no reason, and they have to drive up to Toronto tomorrow with even less money than before.

Next time they play in the States, I'm buying them drinks and there's nothing they can do about it. :p
why weren't they allowed to play?

why weren't they allowed to play?

The promoter is an idiot, and wanted his local band friends to get exposure playing under Kataklysm and Arsis. He made them sell tickets in order to get to play the show, as is his customary arrangement; he didn't even tell KoK and Eluveitie that they wouldn't be playing until about a week before the show.

Joke's on him; when people heard the European bands weren't playing, they fucking stayed home. His local buddies, as well as the headliners, played in front of maybe 25 people, non-playing bands not included.