say something about ... yourself!

My roommate just came in my room, near tears, asking if I could wake up her tomorrow because she's still not going to classes. I'd do it if it weren't 2 hours before I usually wake up. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm also ticked because I can't get this website to do what I want, nor have I heard from my friends so I don't know if they're on their way or have even left.

I was joking...however, regular Pamprin does contain an antihistamine like Benadryl does. Pop two of these and you're no good to anybody for a few hours. I bought some on my lunch break at work today, and from the time I got back from lunch til the time I left, I had to set aside my data entry work because I couldn't focus. Just did some "mindless" document prepping for a few hours instead.

Derick took one once. It was not a good experience :p

I was joking...however, regular Pamprin does contain an antihistamine like Benadryl does. Pop two of these and you're no good to anybody for a few hours. I bought some on my lunch break at work today, and from the time I got back from lunch til the time I left, I had to set aside my data entry work because I couldn't focus. Just did some "mindless" document prepping for a few hours instead.

Derick took one once. It was not a good experience :p
I thought about it and figured you'd probably react differently if it were true. Benadryl doesn't drowse me, btw. :(

My roommate just came in my room, near tears, asking if I could wake up her tomorrow because she's still not going to classes. I'd do it if it weren't 2 hours before I usually wake up. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm also ticked because I can't get this website to do what I want, nor have I heard from my friends so I don't know if they're on their way or have even left.

What's going on with her?

What's going on with her?

For whatever reason she can't wake herself up. I asked her if she has an alarm clock, she said yes but she needs to move it away from her bed. :err:
She's missed a large number of her classes due to good old fashion laziness and I guess she only started caring when she talked to her mom about it a little while ago. She's 25 years old and is supposed to graduate with my class in the Spring. But the with the pace she's going...

I'm sorry to rag on her, but I get tired of this very easily. I'm not here to babysit her.

Get one of those stupid alarm clocks that are on wheels so when the alarm goes off you have to chase it around. Of course common sense would say it's better to wait it out and go back to sleep when it stops beeping.

For whatever reason she can't wake herself up. I asked her if she has an alarm clock, she said yes but she needs to move it away from her bed. :err:
She's missed a large number of her classes due to good old fashion laziness and I guess she only started caring when she talked to her mom about it a little while ago. She's 25 years old and is supposed to graduate with my class in the Spring. But the with the pace she's going...

I'm sorry to rag on her, but I get tired of this very easily. I'm not here to babysit her.

Room-mates....urgh. As long as the bills are paid...I have had one to many room-mates and from what i've learned, is if you can get by without one, do it because it's just a stress. It even stresses me out even more when they don't pay rent or bills on time and i've already paid my half way before they were due. Irresponsible leeches...i'll never have another room-mate again.

I put my alarm clock on the other side of the room, and it's an analog clock with the metal thing that hits the other metal things and makes a really horrible noise until you turn it off, so I never wait for it to stop by itself. Also it has Hello Kitty on it.

I can't use those standard BEEP BEEP BEEP types either, they just enrage me. My clock makes bird sounds when it goes off. I think it's a whippoorwill.

My alarm clock has to be far enough away that I have to at least sit up to reach it. From there, I'm usually OK. Even if I lay back down (which is always), my conscience can't let me fall all the way back asleep if I know I have things to do, places to go, etc.

Also, living alone = best evar! I've had every kind of roommate you can imagine. When it's really close friends, it's not too bad and for the most part it's usually pretty awesome. But it's hard not to get fed up with ANYONE's bad cleaning habits and when it gets to the point of annoyance, it especially sucks when they're your good friend. I've had the kind of roommate I never knew before living with them. That's just weird and awkward and hard to get past when you're like me and don't open up very easily to people you don't know really well. And I've had the acquaintance type roommates who seemed rad for the longest time until it came to be that none of the bills were ever paid. I paid my half (directly to said roommate, who supposedly managed the bills... which was stupid, hindsight, 20/20, lesson learned, etc etc etc) but he never paid the actual bills and we ended up having to break the lease because he couldn't afford to keep living there. Total bullshit.

After that fiasco I moved into my own place for only the 2nd time ever and I haven't budged since. I'm not going to say I'm opposed to living with roommates again, but if it has to happen, it will only be with good friends I've known a long time or a significant other, if such a scenario were to ever present itself.