say something about ... yourself!

I need a crazy good ab work out routine.

Any belly chub I ever had is long gone since I started jiu-jitsu. I think a lot of it has to do with all the knee-ups we do in warm up. Basically you just lay your back and lift your knees up to your chest and lift your head off the ground so it's only your lower back that's really touching the ground. Then extend your legs out (but keep them off the ground) and put your arms at your side and lay back, but don't let your head touch the ground either. Try not to grab anything with your arms while you do the exercise. Let them chill out on the sides by themselves. You'll feel it now with your feet and head off the ground. Your abs will already be very tense. Then, bring your knees in and sit up at the same time and then extend your legs back out and lay back, still without anything touching the ground. Try to do 15 to start.

They were sooooo hard at first, but now I actually enjoy them and we do 3 increments of 15 for a total of 45 during warm ups now.

It might not sound like much but I promise it's worked for me. Granted, we do a ton of other stuff that might contribute as well, but I'm pretty sure the knee-ups are a contributing factor to this amazingly sexy, blossoming six pack I got goin' on :D

Oh man there's a huge joke here sitting right on top of a tee waiting to be smashed out of the park for an ultra grand slam!

Who's gonna swing the bat?!