say something about ... yourself!

Finished reading the first A Song of Ice and Fire book.

Thoughts

Dany is a whore. I'm glad things ended up so bad for her.

Sansa is a bitch. I'm glad she got smacked around at the end.

Tyrion, Jon, and Arya are my favorite characters. Can't wait to read the second one.

That's how you feel after the first book because that is all you know so far. As the books go on you get more insight into each character and why they do what they do. The series really doesn't have traditional good guy / bad guy roles.

Just cleaned four fish tanks and a snail tank, very thoroughly and changed the filter cartridges. Hopefully the fishies and snails will all be ok while we're gone for two weeks. They will be fed but their tanks will not be maintained. With my luck I'll get home and there will be two more fish/tanks for me to take care of. Or maybe a lizard. That reminds me, I need to go check on the hermit crabs. *shakes fist at step nephew*

Ah... Today is a breath of fresh air for me. It's been a long few weeks; haven't posted here much. Been working a lot, seem to have made quite a bit of headway lately, what with the restaurant being bought by the guy who originally started the franchise. Kind of cool, don't have to deal with corporate so much anymore. I'm getting the feeling that my GM is going to be moving onto bigger and better things with this guy (who already owns 5 of these restaurants) which in turn would make me GM of the place. Just a hunch. The question is, do I feel ready to take on a roll such as that?

I had to fire a good friend of mine last week. First time I've had to fire someone that I was connected to outside of work. Was really hard. She has a baby, only a year and a half old, single mom. I had no choice, she basically made it easy. With that being said, I now know how it feels to be a manager. Granted, I've been one for the past year, but this is different. The staff talks, gossips, hangs out with each other, some even despise me. But you know what? I actually don't care. Sure, I have to see these people everyday, but this is my job. I get paid to not care basically. I come home, I play video games, I hang out with my friends who have no association with the restaurant, and I feel normal. At work, I feel like a boss. Someone who the general population of the establishment can dislike. In a weird way it's actually comforting to know that because I've turned around and actually started caring about the business aspect instead of trying to befriend everyone, the staff have something in common now, which in turn brings them closer, making for a better run restaurant. Weird how that works.

Outside of work, I've been playing a lot of hockey... Middle of summer of all things. Lots of drop in at the local ice rink, so I just go there and play. It's a lot of fun. My roomate comes now too. Oddly enough, I've never played ice hockey until this summer. And I love it. I've also been hiking a lot. Been a lot of fun, went up to Mount Cheam, the highest peak in the fraser valley. CRAZY hard hike, but when you hit the top, it's so rewarding. Took tons of photos. Haven't had time to go through them yet, maybe I'll do that tomorrow morning, still have to pick up a roll of film. (That's right, the classy ol' film camera.)

Anyways, I'm sure I've ranted enough for one day. Time to go visit my grandfather in the hospital, then head to play some more hockey!

I've been getting extremely annoyed with my coworkers lately, I feel they just either dont' know what they are doing or can't decide on what to do.

Example: I started a "show invitation" the other day, it was supposed to be very simple. Just letting people know what trade show we will be at. They turned it into a crazy long product specification for 4 differents products and a one sentence "oh by the way we are at a show" type of thing.
Everyone constantly says "we need less words" but then they continue to ADD sentences and get me caught in the middle over what everything should say. Each of the 4 products started off with around 2-3 sentences, supposedly as a teaser and each one ended up being a paragraph!
And all the while they are rewriting them, which means I have to go back and make everything fit and change the layout. After a while I start making mistakes, due to all of the changes, which means even MORE changes.
Then they start making design changes. Did I mention everyone from the guy who empties the trash to our president is apparently a top notch graphic designer? What you end up with is an abortion that was supposed to be a simple invite that is now trying to be a product spec./sales ad and does neither.
And the two biggest offenders are the head of sales and head of marketing. It really seems like they don't know anything about the jobs they do.
I'm no expert but know when something is wrong.

SHUT UP DAN SHUT UP!!!! UHGGGGHHHGHGHH THAT POST IS GOING TO MAKE MY BRAIN EXPLODE MAKE IT STOOPPPPP I COME TO THIS FORUM DURING THE DAY TO ESCAPE THIS UGHGUHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGH

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I feel your pain :(

Wow, Tyler! I think that's awesome. You the big man, and they must respect your authoritah! :D I never liked befriending people at work, because it always seemed I was covering everyone's shifts all the time, and doing their work when they were there. But, I can't help it either, so I wind up being buds with everyone anyhow.

*pats DNB on the back* People, can't live with em, can't live with em. :(

I saw a big giant fat kitteh cat walking down the alley today. A sweet long haired, tortoiseshell cat. :oops: He would not come to me, but he mewed a few times, looked at me, and went back toward his house. :tickled:

I will post some pics.

6615_1206001031592_1275649840_577867_8175195_n.jpg

6615_1206000671583_1275649840_577858_1369191_n.jpg

6615_1206000831587_1275649840_577862_3543060_n.jpg

6615_1206001311599_1275649840_577874_7398242_n.jpg

It's actually the two entire front rooms of the house. It's always been that way, we just cleaned it up and painted the walls and ceiling, added the logos, and reattached the mats in a more secure fashion. Also, rewired the lights and stereo setup.

And no one's ever done any karate in this dojo :lol:

Sounds like she's in the middle of a long application process to join an (Civil War?) internet forum heh.