Schecter 006 Hellraiser vs Schecter C1 Hellraiser

Cognition

Metal
Oct 25, 2009
Norway
Does anyone know the difference between a 006 Hellraiser and a C1 Hellraiser?

I think 006 Hellraiser is a model from 2008 and probably discontinued, but apart from a slight difference in the body design, are there any other differences?

Couldn't find any other differences. Anyone else think the Schecter model names are confusing as hell?

They've got the model name like 'C1' and then they have the series like 'hellraiser, atx, blackjack' etc that are for the other features. Kinda like how gibson has the "les paul" model and then the 'special, jr, deluxe'. if you browse around their site. My fave is the flat black ATX stuff.

Most of the confusion comes from C1 Hellraiser owners thinking that Hellraiser is the guitar model and using it mistakenly instead of just saying C1 Hellraiser. If you call your guitar just hellraiser, i have no clue what it is because they make almost every model in a hellraiser version.

They've got the model name like 'C1' and then they have the series like 'hellraiser, atx, blackjack' etc that are for the other features. Kinda like how gibson has the "les paul" model and then the 'special, jr, deluxe'. if you browse around their site. My fave is the flat black ATX stuff.

Most of the confusion comes from C1 Hellraiser owners thinking that Hellraiser is the guitar model and using it mistakenly instead of just saying C1 Hellraiser. If you call your guitar just hellraiser, i have no clue what it is because they make almost every model in a hellraiser version.

in short, their methodology of naming their models is still totally retarded

I had a 007 Blackjack before and its basically the same as the C7 but it had Seymours. Both quality guitars just a different body shape!

But still, on their website in the guitar section are found both "Hellraiser series" and "C-1 series". When you choose "Hellraiser series", you will find a HELLRAISER C-1. When you choose "C-1 series", you'll find the same guitar listed as C-1 HELLRAISER. It's like Gibson having a Les Paul Explorer and Explorer Les Paul and Les Explorer Paul and Paul Where The Fuck Is My Explorer.

YES, that fucking drives me crazy, how many guitars are listed under multiple categories on their website - the naming scheme can be comprehended easily enough, I guess, but I wish they'd make up their minds about how they're gonna organize them

But still, on their website in the guitar section are found both "Hellraiser series" and "C-1 series". When you choose "Hellraiser series", you will find a HELLRAISER C-1. When you choose "C-1 series", you'll find the same guitar listed as C-1 HELLRAISER. It's like Gibson having a Les Paul Explorer and Explorer Les Paul and Les Explorer Paul and Paul Where The Fuck Is My Explorer.

NO.
it's like gibson having a CUSTOM Explorer and CUSTOM les paul - which both have extra binding, gold and shit.

then they have the STUDIO explorer and Studio LP which are stripped down and don't have fancy lookin' jank.

see what i mean?
hellraiser, blackjack, atx, etc are only names for the 'appointments' and features of the guitar. the model number is basically the body shape.

AMAZIN' SCHECTER GUIDE:

HELRAISER = skankin ass ugly trans quilt red bullshit / emg 81&85 / cross inlays
ATX = rad flat black or whtie / lighting bolt inlay at 12th fret/ usually cheaper pupz
BLACKJACK = black hardware - usually SD blackout pickups
DAMIEN = low end bolt on with FUCKING SHIT bat inlays.

if you explore the site, it's not that hard to understand Y'ALL.

whambulance.jpg

i couldn't resist. :lol:

NO.
it's like gibson having a CUSTOM Explorer and CUSTOM les paul - which both have extra binding, gold and shit.

then they have the STUDIO explorer and Studio LP which are stripped down and don't have fancy lookin' jank.

see what i mean?
hellraiser, blackjack, atx, etc are only names for the 'appointments' and features of the guitar. the model number is basically the body shape.

AMAZIN' SCHECTER GUIDE:

HELRAISER = skankin ass ugly trans quilt red bullshit / emg 81&85 / cross inlays
ATX = rad flat black or whtie / lighting bolt inlay at 12th fret/ usually cheaper pupz
BLACKJACK = black hardware - usually SD blackout pickups
DAMIEN = low end bolt on with FUCKING SHIT bat inlays.

if you explore the site, it's not that hard to understand Y'ALL.
what about the Omen? :D Is the Damien the equivalent to the Demon (not sold in the USA)?

Also, if your guide is correct, how can there be a Schecter blackjack ATX C 7? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C7-ATX-Electric-Guitar?sku=515766 or a blackjack ATX C-1 http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-ATX-Electric-Guitar?sku=515764

These names remind me of Maddox article about fashion and lipstick names:

scientists6.gif

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion