Schecter Blackjack

Jason can definately give a sweet deal, but I'm just worried about all the customs charges I'll need to pay if I get it imported in from the US. It seems like there's alot to sort through.

On top of that, I can't seem to find any Schecter dealers in Melbourne where I can actually try the guitar.

Kazrog said:
Another killer deal from Jason. I really hate to sound cheesy, but this guy understands what customer service and going the extra mile is, which is more than I can say for fucking Guitar Center, Sam Ash, and the other big retailers. Let us know when you get your new axe, and post some pics!

Well it's gonna be a while, i'm not going over to my brother until october, but when i do i'll definately post some pics of the masterpiece :)
I'm currently biulding up a stash of new stuff at his house, getting stuff off ebay, it will be mighty enjoyable getting there.

Moonlapse said:
I'm just wondering. Do the Schecter guitars play anything like Jacksons? Jackson's is by far my preffered feel, and it'd take alot of work to get used to anything else atm.

Fairly similar actually. The neck on the Schecters tend to be a bit thicker, but it shouldnt be much of an adjustment.

Forgive me for taking this off topic, but with regards to 7 string guitars... why would you want one?

On the heaviness quotient, could not one simply use really really heavy gauge strings on a 6 String to achieve a similarly desired tone?

Or am I missing something here.

You tell 'im, Hop!

I mean obviously one can get a Baritone guitar which has the pickups designed for lower tuning, the neck that can hold it etc. So essentially what it comes down to is that extra string for shredding (thank you, Loomis). That's enough for me.

I think since the demographic they tend to be aimed at is the nu-metal crowd, that sort of sound works perfectly fine for them.

I've yet to actually plug a 7-string into an amp! The last one I played was an Ibanez Universe about 2 years ago in high school during lunch break. I really hope the Hellraiser 7 string neck just isn't too awkward compared to a 6-string.

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Pickups specifically designed for lower intonation, a neck that can hold it better, different scale, extra high string for shredding like a ho-bitch...

i could go on for a while. :D
The 'Pickups specifically designed for lower intonation' is an irritating statement.

So my EMG 85 is not good at lower tunings?

Of course it's good at lower tunings, hell it's totally logical that EMG would be as superficial as to include 7 string varieties of their pickups for absolutely no reason whatsoever in their production line.

Actually, I am. But that's beside the point. Back on topic, please.

@ Justin: Yeah, same here. Just lurking here can give you invaluable amounts of insight. Great place, barely touched by the degeneration that is the rest of UM.

Nitronium Blood said:
Fuck you, I'm glad you ain't an Opeth mod anymore.

Moonlapse said:
Actually, I am. But that's beside the point. Back on topic, please.

@ Justin: Yeah, same here. Just lurking here can give you invaluable amounts of insight. Great place, barely touched by the degeneration that is the rest of UM.

*slap* PSHHHHHHHHH can you hear the reverb on that? its some good shit.

Moonlapse said:
Of course it's good at lower tunings, hell it's totally logical that EMG would be as superficial as to include 7 string varieties of their pickups for absolutely no reason whatsoever in their production line.
You bastard. I can't believe you have the cheek to dis-respect a pickup that is James Murphy's choice.

And why use unecessary sarcasm, you little prick?

Nitronium Blood said:
Fuck you too Nuk3m.

Not on our first date ;)

Moonlapse, there is a blackjack at Lewis's music in the city. Maybe if the neck is the same as the one you want, it might give you a better perspective. Anyways I wouldnt know much about this brand or instrument, Im a bassist. :headbang: