Schecter?

Bought a 7 string blackjack from Mike/006 of this forum.. i did sell it later on since im not that much into thicker necks and 7 strings, but hell.. the quality is amazing for what you pay!

Sorry, I missed that.

The Blackjack is probably the heaviest of my guitars. I like high actions so I haven't seen how low I can set things up, but since I use 11-74 in B or Bb I could get it pretty low if I cared enough. As for the pickups... never had that problem.

Jeff

well it´s a fixed bridge guitar set up for 010-059 strings.
i´ve tried getting it low has possible because its easier to play this wide bat:loco:
i know the pick ups should ideally be closer to the strings (more output )and the way i´ve got it i find it a bit strange that i can´t get them nearer hence the question .....do other hellraiser c7 owners noticed this aswell because i´ve only messed with the bridge and intonation and didn´t touch the trussrod ???

Love my HellRaiser C7, only thing I didn't dig was the 707 in the bridge, but I remedied that with an 81-7 and won't ever consider a 707 again unless I got a Loomis....the 707 works extremely well with the ash body those have. My friend's C-1 Stealth (old MF.com exclusive) is actually a very nice axe, I have been meaning to get a C-1 so I have a 6-string version.

Also, I believe there was an error earlier in this thread, somehow a picture got posted but it was flipped, here, I fixed it:

3s.png

There, much better. :)

I assume the Loomis model will be a bit brighter than the Hellraiser?

Yes it sounds a bit brighter, and a little bit more 'djenty' if you want to describe it like that, but it's still not really a 'djent' guitar...it just sounds more like that than the hellraiser. Both sound very full and have a huge sound.

The low end is a little more pronounced in the Loomis as well because it sounds a little more scooped and 'less full' naturally, but it's a nice contrast to the hellraiser, and the difference isn't so big that switching between guitars in the same amp sounds stupid. I think it sounds great.

I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard, and an ESP Horizon NT (both of which I ABSOLUTELY ADORE) and I play my Schecters more than them.

Never met an Ibanez I liked. I'll play Schecter all day, though. I own a Hellraiser C7. Mine was part of the very first shipments, and I think they were made a little differently early-on. Mine's EXTREMELY light. I'll get an exact weight and compare to Schecter's specs. It's waaay lighter than any of the others I've played, and THANK FUCKING GOD for that.

I have hellraiser FR. I'm happy with it, I wanted a Floyd guitar and I figured I wouldn't spend too much on one since i don't use floyds very much.

C7 Blackjack ATX

Anybody have any experiences/comments about these? I've been thinking about getting one, but the local schecter retailers say it'll take some weeks until they get 'em.

Blackouts + the black satin finish seem exceedingly sexy, but I won't buy anything before I get a chance to try one.

I played a regular C-1 Blackjack ATX FR once. It wasn't quite as easy to play as my C-1 Blackjack, but to be fair, I haven't played any guitar besides my Blackjack in about 5 or 6 years, and the differences were probably due as well to individual guitar discrepancies.

What sort of guitars don't work well in the studio?
In terms of Rhythm guitars (leads, anything goes)

Basswood Ibanez for starters.

Other guitars that don't work well:

Ones that are badly intonated, bad electronics, thin strings while downtuned, Floyd Rose guitars for rhythm, do you want me to go on?

Yeah, I understand it's mostly common sense stuff, but honestly, most guys I work with don't have much of it. I've pulled my Schecter off the rack quite a few times in the last three years and it's never let me down. Ever.

FWIW, My BC Rich sounds heavy as fuck. The 10 ton body might have something to do with it! :)

i guess im spoiled by my usa soloist..

my room mate has a c1 artist. its great for the price, sweet little set up. but after playing my jackson for hours then picking it up it just feel's all loose and slutty.

sorry for that, just how i feel about that particular guitar.

low as fuck action thats not the slightest bit tight feeling\

sorry i didnt mean to confuse ya dude.

besides your the analogy master arent you lol

Never met an Ibanez I liked. I'll play Schecter all day, though. I own a Hellraiser C7. Mine was part of the very first shipments, and I think they were made a little differently early-on. Mine's EXTREMELY light. I'll get an exact weight and compare to Schecter's specs. It's waaay lighter than any of the others I've played, and THANK FUCKING GOD for that.

likewise i found it strangely:cool: very light

recemgsol said:
low as fuck action thats not the slightest bit tight feeling

So you don't like Schecters because your friend's guitar is not set up properly? :lol: Yep...