Schecter?

Nice to hear!

The specs on paper of a Loomis against an RG1527 stack up so well in the Loomis' favour, and I've played both and prefer the Loomis hands down. :)

It's a satin finish instead of a gloss finish, and I think it feels a tiny bit thinner. Not a HUGE different though. I can go between both on mine quite easily without feeling I need to adjust to something completely different.

to other schecter hellraiser c7 owners: don´t u find yours extremly light body wise?
mine(non FR) vs my ibanez prestige(also mahogany) is very light.

how about the c7 vs the sig loomis version (are they very different from one and other soundwise)?

sorry for going OT but i though i might ask this now...how do u have yours set up?
I mean mine at the 12th fret high E is about 1.5mm from the fret and low E about 2.5mm.
I can´t get the action any lower without string buzz. Does this look good? How do have yours?
Another thing that has been bugging me for a while....in this guitar i can´t have the pick ups very near to the strings, i mean, the way i have got it set up the pups are about 5 to 6 mm away from the strings and i know they´re suposed or can to be closer...but to put them closer to the strings the screws don´t have enough winding, what lends to think that i´m doing something wrong or ?????

after i postet an ibanez link in this forum the answer decided myself to give schecter a try.
i need a guitar as second guitar with a tremolo. schecter has got very cheap guitars and i want to know are they any good?

My Blackjack 006 is very good for the low price, but the quality is similar like my old LTD M-300. I think the LTD deluxe series and the Prestige series Ibanez guitars have better quality and material. With EMG-s the schecter is also a great and AFFORDABLE guitar:headbang: The neck is thicker compare to the ESPs, but has also a thicker body.

Try!:saint:

I bought a Hellraiser with EMG81/89 last week. I'm still adapting to this new guitar. It sounds darker than my other guitars and I had to increase my amps gain & drive a bit.
It is very comfortable to play but I prefer Jakcson's slim necks though.
I don't like very much the look of the fretboard is a light brown, and I think it would be better in black.
Well contructed, sexy -excepto fretboard- and not very heavy (I had shoulder problems with a washburn lespaul style super heavy guitar)

I bought it for the comments about this guitar in this forum.
I paid 800 € for it, and I think it worths the price

Happy Hellraiser user here for the last three years or so.... it's wound up on quite a few records because most guys don't buy guitars that work well in the studio. Great guitar for the money!

I've turned many, many players on to Schecters. I can't recommend them enough.

Happy Hellraiser user here for the last three years or so.... it's wound up on quite a few records because most guys don't buy guitars that work well in the studio. Great guitar for the money!

I've turned many, many players on to Schecters. I can't recommend them enough.
What sort of guitars don't work well in the studio?

I don't get along with the neck profile, but if you have the right size hands you'll love it.
Every Hellraiser I've played has a nice, easy to play fingerboard and the tone is quite good.

I own 2, and absolutely love them.

My main axe is a Blackjack C-1 with the bridge p'up swapped for a Bare Knuckle Miracle Man. Sounds great, plays great, and can take a real beating.

My other one is a cheap Omen-6 that plays and sounds surprisingly well. I bought it for $150 from my cousin. I'm going to replace the bridge and swap out the p'ups in it.

I'm a fan of thicker necks, though...definitely something to consider.

i love my Schecter C1 Hellraiser, the combination of the mahogony body with the emg81tw and 89 pup give it an unreal amount of punch! the playability is just great. a very reliable guitar!

Exactly. Though mine is the Sunset edition (flat top body and different headstock), other than that, it's the same. I love it. And also being a long time Ibanez RG550 with super thin neck user for many years, I have no problem with the neck of the Schecter (and don't understand why many people do).

to other schecter hellraiser c7 owners: don´t u find yours extremly light body wise?
mine(non FR) vs my ibanez prestige(also mahogany) is very light.

how about the c7 vs the sig loomis version (are they very different from one and other soundwise)?

sorry for going OT but i though i might ask this now...how do u have yours set up?
I mean mine at the 12th fret high E is about 1.5mm from the fret and low E about 2.5mm.
I can´t get the action any lower without string buzz. Does this look good? How do have yours?
Another thing that has been bugging me for a while....in this guitar i can´t have the pick ups very near to the strings, i mean, the way i have got it set up the pups are about 5 to 6 mm away from the strings and i know they´re suposed or can to be closer...but to put them closer to the strings the screws don´t have enough winding, what lends to think that i´m doing something wrong or ?????

thx for ignoring me guys:cry:

Sorry, I missed that.

The Blackjack is probably the heaviest of my guitars. I like high actions so I haven't seen how low I can set things up, but since I use 11-74 in B or Bb I could get it pretty low if I cared enough. As for the pickups... never had that problem.

Jeff

I'm owning a Schecter Demon since last year and it was the best deal I ever made regarding guitars.

But if I had the money my first choice would have been a Framus Camarillo. That instrument is awesome.