School uniforms?

:dopey: :guh: :loco: <---- Me thinking of all the money I wouldn't have wasted on clothes if I'd worn uniforms to school.

There are good arguments to be made on both sides. But you've made them already. :)

Oyo, I had to wear ID card necklaces in high school too.

i've been spared both uniforms and ID cards.

my poor friend colin is forced to go to the local, elitist, god-i-want-to-kill-them-all parochial school, where they enforce a strict dress code of (of course) khakis and a white shirt.

they also don't allow facial hair of any sort. he keeps telling them "jesus had a beard!" but they just yell at him because they're fuckwits.

I had to wear a uniform in school, plus i had to take my peircings out, and they made me cut my hair...

*kills school*

ahh... feels much better...

It's not about 'individuality', it's about the fact that i was uncomfortable in a white shirt and pants... i ended up buying a $200 blazer just so i could have something on my arms (longs sleeve junkie :D ) because i felt uncomfortable about having skin showing... not to mention the fact that i have pale skin (blonde hair, green eyes etc ), and was made fun of horrendously because i used to be heaps underweight because of eating disorders... FCKU YUO SHCOOL!!!

Originally posted by Trapped

(longs sleeve junkie :D ) because i felt uncomfortable about having skin showing... not to mention the fact that i have pale skin and was made fun of horrendously because i used to be heaps underweight

Yeah, I alway feel the need to cover my arms to, due to constant harrasment about me being underwieght. I tried gaining weight, but I just an extremly high metabolism. I'm also very pale, but that never really bothered me.

A friend in 8th grade managed to keep his long hair ( also a catholics school ) by saying " But i love jesus, i wanna look like him with the long hair and the old rags ( he really dressed poorly )

Originally posted by ChokingParasite

Yeah, I alway feel the need to cover my arms to, due to constant harrasment about me being underwieght. I tried gaining weight, but I just an extremly high metabolism.

DAMN YOU! I wish I had high metabolism. :bah:

Well, I'm a student teacher, and it's interesting to see so many people appalled by the dress codes of your schools.

The school that I'm placed at now has a rather loose uniform in that it's only the top half that is policed with any gusto. The pants, so long as they're black, are negligable.

When I went to high school we were forced to wear the correct pants, shoes, shirt, etc and to be honest I never really had a problem with it. The colour was dark blue, so it actually seemed pretty cool. Plus I'd wear black woolen gloves in winter...

Anyway, I think if you're used to wearing uniforms in schools then it's really not a problem. Every student is individual- the teachers know that; so do the students.

The uniform just shows people which school the kid belongs to. And it also looks cool when people visit the school. Plus it encourages a well kept look which I think is a good thing.

Plus, if you don't like it, try working in business or management. Ties, jackets, everything. School is easy in comparison!

Now stop disrespecting your school and get back to class, kiddies!

Originally posted by Black Heart
Same, and theyre facists too...lol

One dude told that to a teacher one time, and the principle yelled at him hahaha it was funnny...

You've got rednecks in Israel?

They're SPREADING! RUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I wear a white shirt with a red Menai High logo on the breast pocket, and grey shorts. I don't wear anything else because I am not very heat tolerant. I sweat at 15 degrees celsius. And it's usually 20-30 degrees here.

I'd rather wear my cherished black just-past-knee-length shorts, dark grey shirt, black tie and a glorious tophat, but no, my school is too full of state-standard shitheads to allow me.

Thank god we don't have to wear uniforms here, I think it looks so silly when everybody is wearing same kind of clothes. But if I remember correct, in some places it's forbidden to wear band shirts (because of the brutalness of them) and tank tops&short skirts on girls.

I don't mind uniform... It saves me from punching every fucker in the face because they can't stop staring... but then again, I wouldn't mind slapping them all around for no reason.. :lol:
School uniforms make me feel like im in a fucking prison or something... meh?

If you have uniforms, they should at least be comfortable ones. Not like suits, etc.

I don't really care about clothes. I generally only wear plain clothes - no advertisements, no bands shirts, etc. But my school didn't like me coming naked either. Eh, nothing I can do, I guess. :rolleyes: