Scotch or burbon??

Mr kill'em all

Beer intoxicated
Jan 17, 2011
Why it's so difficult to choose?
I've been drinking lots of Jack and Cutty Shark But, however, i haven't been able to find out which one is better.
What do you all think?
I think it depends on the day, the alc. level in blood, the food but, dammit, in need to know which one is better!!!!
Aaaahhhhhh!!!
Getting mad!!!!:yow:

Jack Daniels is alcohol for sub-humans and monkeys without taste buds.

There are some good bourbons out there, but I prefer scotch.

Right now I'm into The Arran single malt

Never tried it. I haven't tried all that many yet. Red and black label, Hamilton, Tullamore, Famous Grouse, William Dawson's(this one was really good), Claymore, Inverness Cream and The Arran Malt
Some good, some not so good

^^ haven't tried it either, if I remember right most of them are smoky and I don't really like that. Once I gave away a nearly full bottle of Lagavulin cause it was too much smoke for my taste :lol:
Last week I went for The Glenlivet, which is decent but not the best I ever tried. I also opened a bottle of 16yo Isle of Jura, good stuff! My favourite has been 15yo Glenmorangie till now, strongly recommended!
From the blends, I also had Famous Grouse, but well... not the best either. I dig Chivas Regal a lot, especially 18yo.

Btw never heard of William Lawson's before, seems to be unknown/unavailable in Germany.

^:) that's right, gin's good.

ot:
glenfiddich, but I dont like whisky

OP is 13 :/

Agreed, he's not seen enough labels to be able to spell bourbon, forgoy JW when thinking of whisky & hasn't noticed it's Cutty Sark not Shark.

So far nobody has mentioned Irish Whiskey. I'm a big fan of Jameson.

As for whisky, if you can get it check out Laphroaig or Ardbeg.

s

Honey Whiskey is really good, other than that, not a big fan of JD :/ I'd rather get drunk off of something that doesn't smell like it should be pumped into my cars gas tank.

So far nobody has mentioned Irish Whiskey. I'm a big fan of Jameson.

As for whisky, if you can get it check out Laphroaig or Ardbeg.

s

Tullamore is Irish.

And I'd never recommend Laphroaig or Ardbeg to a Single Malt noob. These are quite special and intense in taste, and if you never tried another one you'd suppose all of them taste like that, would be a shame to think so because of starting with the wrong ones.

For the Scotch/Whisky discussion, it depends on what you want to describe. Scotch is whisky, but not every whisky is Scotch. In this case, OP accidentally got right that Cutty Sark is Scotch.